Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Message added by Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

2 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Prime Minister Cummings has made no progress in finding alternatives to the backstop.

The best the "Alternative Arrangements Commission" could come up with was a "streamlined border", it tries to address the tarrif/customs issues (trusted traders, pre-authorisations ect..), but fails entirely when it comes to maintaining peace.

The entire process basically relies on trust, both at the individual and governmental level.

Given this governments performance and reliability so far... there isn't any left.

22 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Haha.

I run two allotments, two greenhouses and a huge poly tunnel.

Would you like to know what grows here in the winter?

Turnips i hope?

21 hours ago, geared said:

What does that mean?

large scale strawberry smuggling?

Thought I would give it a break for a while and just sit back and read, and its been a bit like one hand clapping.  New continuation thread but the same old stuff still going round but as this is now getting a bit exciting I am back in..

What strikes me is that we have politicians that agreed to a referendum, agreed to pass A50 and yet are now wanting to trash the lot and put the blame on others for their own incompetence. MP's are trying to force a showdown with Boris and are trying every means possible to get a no deal stopped. They are trying to force him to get yet another extension but dont seem to understand that unless the EU agree we will still be out without a deal.

I'm now waiting eagerly to see what happens later.

On 02/09/2019 at 14:17, Dromedary said:

Getting back to some other comments; a shortage of process foods may be a good thing as they are linked to obesity and a shortage of out of season fruit and veg is not much of a problem to most.

so brexit is good for us as destroying our sweet food manufacturing will make us skinnier? 😂

51 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Tory politicians were still dismissing it as ‘Project Fear’ on Politics Live this morning despite these being their own government’s forecasts.

Since Johnson became Prime Minister, UK politics has become very ‘Trumpy’ with the truth no longer having any real relevance. Many government statements now, are mainly directed at gullible people who neither know nor care whether they are being lied to as long as they come with the same tired dog-whistle slogans.

i noticed in his downing street speech he mentioned a deal, he mentioned those pushing us closer to no deal by trying to block no deal, he mentioned being closer to a deal with the EU. He mentioned an agenda to do post brexit.......but he never put any meat on the bones he never said what his plans were, what any deal might look like or what the agenda was after brexit (could it be selling off the NHS?), selling anything and everything to the americans for a bit of a trade deal?

3 minutes ago, Magilla said:

The best the "Alternative Arrangements Commission" could come up with was a "streamlined border", it tries to address the tarrif/customs issues (trusted traders, pre-authorisations ect..), but fails entirely when it comes to maintaining peace.

When Johnson was interviewed during the leadership campaign, he said that ‘he was sure’ that there were plenty of alternative arrangements that could be looked at for the backstop, when asked about it. That suggested to me that he hadn’t actually even begun to look at the problem and is probably why Merkel gave him 30 days to come up with something.

If the clown is relying on WTO terms, he will have no option but to have a hard border in Ireland, with arrangements nailed down and absolutely nothing done on trust. These are international, legally binding requirements for any trading arrangements. If Parliament votes to stop no-deal and Johnson ignores it, the weeks before October 31st may well be filled with legal actions from the EU and other world partners to mitigate any damage they may suffer as a result of the UK failing in its international responsibilities.

Internationally, our reputation is already trashed! 😵

36 minutes ago, apelike said:

Thought I would give it a break for a while and just sit back and read, and its been a bit like one hand clapping.  New continuation thread but the same old stuff still going round but as this is now getting a bit exciting I am back in..

What strikes me is that we have politicians that agreed to a referendum, agreed to pass A50 and yet are now wanting to trash the lot and put the blame on others for their own incompetence. MP's are trying to force a showdown with Boris and are trying every means possible to get a no deal stopped. They are trying to force him to get yet another extension but dont seem to understand that unless the EU agree we will still be out without a deal.

I'm now waiting eagerly to see what happens later.

With the new Operation Yellowhammer - from the Govt itself - care to tell me where lifesaving medications are coming from? What should we do when they run short?

Still waiting for a response from you on this that isn't just the usualy hand waving dog whistle, hand clapping.

Just now, geared said:

I'm quite looking forward to someone cornering Gove and peppering him with questions.

He can't stand there and lie when everyone no knows the details of the official reports he's been reading.

Oh course he can! We live in a post truth world. When asked a direct question he’ll dance round it, say something quotable for the express to jump on then keep lying!