Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Message added by Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

That's an interesting reply from a poster who proclaims to hold the EU in high esteem.  

You still are ignoring the fact a no-deal or walk away option is standard practice for any party to do regardless of what they are negotiating for.  

Not in this type of negotiation. You are right if for example you go to a car dealer to buy a new car, you can threaten to walk.

But our position is not like that. In our case we have filled our car with dynamite, the dealer knows we need to take a few people to hospital in the next hour, including a close friend of the car dealers. All the while we are saying give me a huge discount on the new car or we light the dynamite and destroy the car.

The car dealer things that's inconvenient, but anyway I have lots of cars so I will just take my friend to hospital in one of those. Meanwhile we are left high and dry and cannot take our friends to hospital.

Johnson is just putting a gun to the nations head.

2 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

I agree with what you write. It's comical that MPs who voted in favour of holding a referendum and triggering Article 50 seek to rule out a no-deal.  An extension also has to be negotiated and  you rightly point out the EU  have to agree to one to prevent the legal default position of a no-deal.  Boris could ask the EU for an extension with a condition that the EU pay the UK £1 billion a week.  Those seeking to prevent the implementation of the democratic EU referendum result shouldn't be surprised if Boris has a few tricks up his sleeve in order to implement the democratic will of the people on 31st October.

Lets take back control of our government by... oh errr, not having any control of our government because Boris has decided to have his Great Purge (c.f. Stalin).

Democracy is dead - thanks to Boris.

3 hours ago, geared said:

I'm quite looking forward to someone cornering Gove and peppering him with questions.

He can't stand there and lie when everyone no knows the details of the official reports he's been reading.

Why not, that's what Boris does...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-lies-conservative-leader-candidate-list-times-banana-brexit-bus-a8929076.html

e.g.

The extramarital affair

Michael Howard gave Boris Johnson two new jobs after becoming leader of the Conservatives in 2003 – party vice-chairman and shadow arts minister.

He was sacked from both positions in November 2004 after assuring Mr Howard that tabloid reports of his affair with Spectator columnist Petronella Wyatt were false and an “inverted pyramid of piffle”. When the story was found to be true, he refused to resign.

Broken promises

Mr Johnson's fondness for fallacy continued as London Mayor. Having promised in his 2008 manifesto to ensure there would be manned ticket offices at every train station, he agreed to widespread closures to pay for a 24-hour tube.

He promised to eradicate rough sleeping by 2012, only for it to double during his leadership. He was also accused of telling “barefaced lies” after he stated that police numbers would increase in London despite government cuts.

4 minutes ago, nightrider said:

Unfortunately not. Apparently the conservative party rules state that the PM can unilaterally remove a candidate. If the local party disagrees they themselves can be unilaterally expelled en masse too.

If Bozo decides to boot out Tory MPs for not supporting his no-deal plan he may find a good number of constituencies who aren’t exactly enthusiastic about canvassing for candidates imposed on them by the party, especially in areas with very popular local MP.

26 minutes ago, nightrider said:

Not in this type of negotiation. You are right if for example you go to a car dealer to buy a new car, you can threaten to walk.

But our position is not like that. In our case we have filled our car with dynamite, the dealer knows we need to take a few people to hospital in the next hour, including a close friend of the car dealers. All the while we are saying give me a huge discount on the new car or we light the dynamite and destroy the car.

The car dealer things that's inconvenient, but anyway I have lots of cars so I will just take my friend to hospital in one of those. Meanwhile we are left high and dry and cannot take our friends to hospital.

Johnson is just putting a gun to the nations head.

Boris Johnson is trying to negotiate a new deal or find alternatives to the Backdrop but is being undermined by those seeking to take no-deal off the table. The EU have no incentive to alter their position why they believe Parliament can block the implementation of the democratic EU referendum result.  

You seem to have forgotten there was a deal negotiated by Theresa May and Oliver Robbins with the EU that Parliament voted against three times which is the reason no-deal is a possibility.

2 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

You seem to have forgotten there was a deal negotiated by Theresa May and Oliver Robbins with the EU that Parliament voted against three times which is the reason no-deal is a possibility.

Slightly less of a possibility as of a few minutes ago.

MPs have just cleared the first hurdle in taking back control! 😀👍

11 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Boris Johnson is trying to negotiate a new deal or find alternatives to the Backdrop but is being undermined by those seeking to take no-deal off the table. The EU have no incentive to alter their position why they believe Parliament can block the implementation of the democratic EU referendum result.  

That's news to the EU, and many in the Commons. According to them nothing new has been put on the table. I think he's just been running down the clock to get a no deal to appease Farage and his mob, thereby solidifying the Tory vote. Party above country, that's Johnson's raison d'etre 

Edited by Mister M

16 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Boris Johnson is trying to negotiate a new deal or find alternatives to the Backdrop 

Prime Minister Cummings is doing no such thing. He’s not suggested any way of replacing the backstop. He’s not gone back to the negotiations with any new ideas.

He’s simply trying to run the clock down and leave without a deal.

15 minutes ago, Mister M said:

That's news to the EU, and many in the Commons. According to them nothing new has been put on the table. 

They are just a bunch of lying toe rags. 

Last week, a government spokesman said that not only were EU negotiations going well but that more progress had been made than in the previous three years. This was put to Simon Coveney, Ireland’s Foreign Affairs spokesman who looked completely bemused and said that actually nothing at all  had been done since Bojo became Prime Minister. Coveney is the Irish government’s lead on anything to do with the backstop and if anyone would know about the progress of negotiations, he would.

Lying to dumb Brexit supporters is one thing, but the rest of the world? 😡