Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Message added by Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I think the smart money in Europe is on an extension to facilitate either another referendum or an election followed by another referendum or a revocation of Article 50 altogether.

Somehow I very much doubt that after the mess caused by this referendum that parliament would be daft enough to have another so soon.

5 minutes ago, apelike said:

Somehow I very much doubt that after the mess caused by this referendum that parliament would be daft enough to have another so soon.

Exactly correct.  Also granting another EU referendum would  give the SNP more ammunition  to justify having another Scottish independence referendum.

13 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

You must be joking.  How are things going to run a lot smoother when there is no alternative plans which have the agreement of Parliament?  Ruling out a no-deal is not a plan to move things forward and implement the democratic 2016 EU referendum result.

You seem fixated on this undemocratic result...

The country has moved on. Parliament has moved on. The majority dont want a no deal brexit, and probably a majority in both dont want a soft Brexit.

15 minutes ago, apelike said:

You mean the Brexiteers don't want one.

19 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

You must be joking.  How are things going to run a lot smoother when there is no alternative plans which have the agreement of Parliament?  Ruling out a no-deal is not a plan to move things forward and implement the democratic 2016 EU referendum result.

Entering into negotiations in a spirit of cooperation rather than threats to take your bat home is much more likely to yield results.

8 minutes ago, apelike said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49551893

"Slightly more people say they are opposed to leaving without a deal than state they are in favour."

The poll shows 6% more people oppose leaving without a deal than those who do, which is pretty close to the 6-10% more people who voted for anti-Brexit parties over pro-Brexit Parties in May’s €uro elections.

Trying to claim that forcing no-deal through Parliament is acting on behalf of the people, is clearly a sham and shows that those supporting the current Bill to block it going through Parliament, are the real politicians acting for the people.

35 minutes ago, apelike said:

That is why Leave supporters are so desperate to avoid a second referendum. They know well that if Article 50 is revoked after a Remain win, it will be a generation before anyone would even suggest revisiting this mess again. It would also be a massive setback for the €urosceptic right wing in Europe.

41 minutes ago, Obelix said:

You seem fixated on this undemocratic result...

The country has moved on. Parliament has moved on. The majority dont want a no deal brexit, and probably a majority in both dont want a soft Brexit.

It was a democratic result.  Yes, I am fixated that the largest democratic vote ever in UK history with over 35 million people turning out should be respected and implemented. The results of the recent European Elections where the Brexit Party became the largest single Party from one country in the European Parliament indicate there is strong support for a no-deal Brexit and the desire to leave the EU hasn't diminished.   The country can't move on until the democratic 2016 EU referendum result is implemented which is what Boris is seeking to do and what I support.

3 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The results of the recent European Elections where the Brexit Party became the largest single Party from one country in the European Parliament indicate there is strong support for a no-deal Brexit and the desire to leave the EU hasn't diminished.  

It didn’t actually.

If anything it showed that a 4% advantage of Leave over Remain in 2016 had actually reversed and Remain now had a 6-10% advantage over Leave depending on what you counted as a Remain or Leave Party.