Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Message added by Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

26 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Boris Johnson is our Prime Minister.

The  result of the snap General Election in 2017  was a massive surprise due to a terrible campaign by Theresa May.  Theresa May called the snap election before planning on how to win it.  Theresa May underestimated the Corbyn threat which most certainly won't happen this time. Boris has been planning for the General Election before he was confirmed the new Tory leader and Prime Minister.  Last time no body voting  expected Corbyn to win , but this time voters will fear a Corbyn win and make sure he doesn't win.   

but that doesn't mean they wll make sure the conservative party wins

32 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The  result of the snap General Election in 2017  was a massive surprise due to a terrible campaign by Theresa May.  Theresa May called the snap election before planning on how to win it.  

Not what you were saying at the time - isn't hindsight wonderful 😎

Edited by Longcol

47 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Boris Johnson is our Prime Minister.

The  result of the snap General Election in 2017  was a massive surprise due to a terrible campaign by Theresa May.  Theresa May called the snap election before planning on how to win it.  Theresa May underestimated the Corbyn threat which most certainly won't happen this time. Boris has been planning for the General Election before he was confirmed the new Tory leader and Prime Minister.  Last time no body voting  expected Corbyn to win , but this time voters will fear a Corbyn win and make sure he doesn't win.   

Boris couldn’t plan a successful stag party in Amsterdam.

PM Cummings doesn’t appear to have many skills in the planning area either.

If you want a strategic thinker to do your planning for you, I recommend Kier Starmer.

Edited by Pettytom

22 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

If you want a strategic thinker to do your planning for you, I recommend Kier Starmer.

I’ve come to the conclusion that he might have just got lucky once, aided and abetted by some electoral fraud. 

7 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I’ve come to the conclusion that he might have just got lucky once, aided and abetted by some electoral fraud. 

Millions of dollars worth of targeted fake news adverts on facebook certainly didn’t hurt.

It has also turned out to be a good long term investment in the case of another referendum, as many Leave supporters I know still absolutely believe most of the pro-leave fake news they saw on facebook.. 

48 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Can Labour fast-track him in as leader? I'd feel happier with him in charge than corbyn.

55 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Cummings makes Alistair Campbell look like a god damn wizard!

4 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Can Labour fast-track him in as leader? I'd feel happier with him in charge than corbyn.

McDonnell would be a much better bet. He has repeatedly out-performed Corbyn in recent interviews, is not such an obvious Brexiteer (he told Andrew Marr this morning that he would campaign for remain which I don’t believe Corbyn has ever done) and most importantly he is on the left of the party.

Let’s not forget that a large part of the Labour ‘success’ in 2017 was literally tens of thousands of Momentum supporters campaigning for Labour up and down the country. I doubt whether they could mobilise similar support for Starmer.

Boris has given Corbyn and co the chance to let the public decide who they want to sort Brexit out yet Corbyn won't go for it. I thought he was confident he could win an election. An election is the only way anything will get sorted yet they'd rather drag it out and make negotiations harder

1 minute ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Boris has given Corbyn and co the chance to let the public decide who they want to sort Brexit out yet Corbyn won't go for it. I thought he was confident he could win an election. An election is the only way anything will get sorted yet they'd rather drag it out and make negotiations harder

As regards Brexit a General Election will not sort anything out.

A No Deal will not sort anything out as it just leads to years of negotiations with the EU and other trading blocs.

The only progress that can be made is by way of a further referendum .