Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Message added by Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

2 hours ago, Longcol said:

Remember Iraq's "weapons of mass destruction"?

I do. At the time it was the US intelligence  services that relied on bogus information stating that Saddam had WMD which was later found out to be from a tip-off from an unreliable source who was in it for the money. That same intelligence information was then used to tip the decision made. I was most certainly against any war but people can only rely on the intelligence given to decide what follows.

Just now, Lockdoctor said:

The difference is now Boris is in a position of power and he can attempt to get changes to the Backstop or implement a no-deal.  

What world are you living in?

The EU will not change the backstop and no-deal has been prevented by an Act of Parliament.

Johnson has even less power than Theresa May had, and her ‘working’ majority of +4 is now a minority government of -21.

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

What world are you living in?

The EU will not change the backstop and no-deal has been prevented by an Act of Parliament.

Johnson has even less power than Theresa May had, and her ‘working’ majority of +4 is now a minority government of -21.

And lets face it, Cummings is de facto PM anyway...not even a Conservative.

Edited by taxman

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

A no deal has only been suspended and is still the default position if no extension or agreement by the EU is forthcoming. It has not been permanently prevented.

3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

The dozens of times I've used mine, nobody has ever looked at the cover - yet from some folk you'd think the blue cover worked magic.

I tried to use mine at Folkestone yesterday. Nobody showed the slightest interest in it.

France is a very civilised place. I might not go home.

7 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The difference is now Boris is in a position of power 

Now I know you’ve lost it. 

Exactly how much power does a man have who can’t control parliament, or call an election or get support from his brother 

2 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Exactly how much power does a man have who can’t control parliament, or call an election or get support from his brother 

"Bumble bumble piffle waffle" rub hair in schoolboy manner, "mumble piffle waffle"

6 minutes ago, apelike said:

It has not been permanently prevented.

No, but it can be.

All this nonsense about it being ‘inevitable’, ‘the default position’ or whatever, it is not a natural disaster that we must prepare for. It is entirely of our making and can similarly be unmade! 🙄