Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Message added by Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

14 minutes ago, apelike said:

it gained Royal Assent on 16 March 2017 and passed into law, so all legal and above board.

Absolutely. I have no problem with that. To me, the 2017 Withdrawal Act holds a lot more democratic weight than an inconclusive, crappy referendum born out of political cowardice.

But laws that can be made can also be unmade if they turn out to be bad for the country.

15 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

In this case, I’m totally confused.

Then try harder and read the post.

Was there a reason for your post? Forum

rules say that you have to add to the discussion. Just so you know

Just so that you also know, as said try reading the post as it was not just a quote.

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

But laws that can be made can also be unmade if they turn out to be bad for the country.

True and I have no argument with that.

Edited by apelike

1 hour ago, apelike said:

Quote: The Guardian Live reports

"A bill designed to stop Boris Johnson taking the UK out of the EU on 31 October without a Brexit agreement has cleared the House of Lords, and it is set to become law on Monday when it is due to get royal assent. The bill is thought to be legally watertight, and it seems to have closed off the option of Johnson forcing a no-deal Brexit at the end of October"

He could of course also ask the Queen not to give consent, a tactic Blair also used in the Iraq conflict to deny parliament taking control.

You are either confused or just have no idea what you are talking about. The bill that prevents no deal absolutely does not require consent. It does not affect perogative powers in any way, so it goes for Royal Assent. 

The PM cannot stop this.  You leavers need to stop spreading lies or just wrong information. The last time Royal Assent was refused was in 1708. It has NEVER happened in modern times. It will not happen here either. 

I think their will be lots of Liberal tears tomorrow when Boris just completely ignores the Bill and suspends parliament. Apparently they have found a way to bypass it.

They will apparently ask for a general election tomorrow and if denied, suspend parliament immediately.

We can only wait and see. I can't see Boris telling the House of Lords to stand down filibustering the Bill if they did not already have a way around it.

13 minutes ago, apelike said:

Then try harder and read the post.

Just so that you also know, as said try reading the post as it was not just a quote.

I can see the inverted commas, I can also see the bit you added.

What I can’t see is how it adds to the conversation.

Maybe you could enlighten me.

5 minutes ago, XXTickerXX said:

I think their will be lots of Liberal tears tomorrow when Boris just completely ignores the Bill and suspends parliament. Apparently they have found a way to bypass it.

They will apparently ask for a general election tomorrow and if denied, suspend parliament immediately.

We can only wait and see. I can't see Boris telling the House of Lords to stand down filibustering the Bill if they did not already have a way around it.

Boris hasn’t found a way to do anything. Except for blundering into elephant traps left for him by a United Opposition.

He can’t ignore the law, or parliament, or his party. Well, he can, but the results will be prison, obscurity and obscurity, in that order.

This isn’t a computer game you know

9 minutes ago, XXTickerXX said:

How can he ignore the bill? It is going to become law.

So, please elaborate.

4 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

How can he ignore the bill? It is going to become law.

So, please elaborate.

I think he means this.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-brexit-eu-legal-prison-no-deal-brussels-latest-a9095976.html

Which would mean no-one would trust a Johnson regime to sign any sort of deal.

Edited by Longcol