So Called Celebrity Showx

Amt239

2 minutes ago, Amt239 said:

You've named 2 world champions and 2 legends,you didn't need tv to have heard of these,celebrity status nowadays means nothing,failing on the apprentice now gives people celebrity status.

Some might argue why are they "legends".     World Championship status in a sport you have dedicated your life to is impressive and duly rewarded.  Admiration is gained from those who have an interested in that sport but that doesn't mean that everyone cares.   Some people might see such "legends" as just overpaid sports players many of whom have let fame, booze and women go to their heads and thown it all away. 

The point is -   to a sports fan they are "legends" and to everyone else they are "nobodies".    We treat fame and celebrity how WE personally see it.   There is no blanket formula to be applied. 

Hard as it is to admit it - there is absolutely no rule that says that X person from a reality show is any less worthy than X world record holding sports person if they both achieve say 1m folllowers on social media and are flooded with band deals. 

That's simply the unfortunte nature of the world of "celebrity".

On 03/09/2019 at 17:49, ECCOnoob said:

Some might argue why are they "legends".     World Championship status in a sport you have dedicated your life to is impressive and duly rewarded.  Admiration is gained from those who have an interested in that sport but that doesn't mean that everyone cares.   Some people might see such "legends" as just overpaid sports players many of whom have let fame, booze and women go to their heads and thown it all away. 

The point is -   to a sports fan they are "legends" and to everyone else they are "nobodies".    We treat fame and celebrity how WE personally see it.   There is no blanket formula to be applied. 

Hard as it is to admit it - there is absolutely no rule that says that X person from a reality show is any less worthy than X world record holding sports person if they both achieve say 1m folllowers on social media and are flooded with band deals. 

That's simply the unfortunte nature of the world of "celebrity".

Got to agree on this one ,legend is too often thrown about and undeserved most of the time,listening to talk sport yesterday and its sprayed about all the time,Panisar,Harmeston,ashes legends,Sinclair,west ham legend and Glenn Johnson Liverpool legend,all on a hour.

• 1 month later...
On 30/08/2019 at 07:28, Amt239 said:

Don't know if anyone else is fed up but I am with all the shows made up of so called celebs,used to be able to watch some of the quiz shows with ordinary people on but not now,and to be honest I don't know most of these celebs.

Just seen the line up for I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here and the only one I know is Ian Wright.

Perhaps I should stay in more.