Sharrow Lane School 1950s - Reunions

A group of people who lived around Sharrow Lane in the 40s and 50s are planning an informal reunion at Sharrow Lane School on Friday 10th February 2017 at 7pm, subject to confirmation. I would like to hear from anyone of that era who would be interested in attending. Already pledged to attend are Mick Glossop, Bob Ireland, Valerie Shaw and others from the Fentonville St area. Please email me (see profile) if you are interested. I would be particularly pleased to hear from anyone who has contact with Tommy Tuft or anyone else who was in J3/J4 in '52/53 or any of the "girls" from that era. The event will be confirmed when we have an idea of actual attendance.

Edited by nikki-red

A group of people who lived around Sharrow Lane in the 40s and 50s are planning an informal reunion at Sharrow Lane School on Friday 10th February 2017 at 7pm, subject to confirmation. I would like to hear from anyone of that era who would be interested in attending. Already pledged to attend are Mick Glossop, Bob Ireland, Valerie Shaw and others from the Fentonville St area. Please email me (see profile) if you are interested. I would be particularly pleased to hear from anyone who has contact with Tommy Tuft or anyone else who was in J3/J4 in '52/53 or any of the "girls" from that era. The event will be confirmed when we have an idea of actual attendance.

Dj ...from 'Franklin street' - Sharrow lane school - cubs - scouts 139th. will be attending... hoping for a good turn out... Cheers from Dj.

Hi, Sharrovian......no connection with St Andrews Church? That used to be the name of their parish magazine. I was in the choir there from 1951 to 1953. Please spread the word about the reunion. It is going to cost a small fee to rent the school hall and the more people attend the cheaper it will be for those able to pay....it will be £3 or less....in fact we can probably get it down to a quid apiece but the idea is to get as many old Sharrow pals together as possible to have a bit of a laugh about the old times, reminisce about the back to backs maybe, and to share yarns about school. Look forward to meeting you but do keep an eye open for confirmation that it is going to go ahead.

Hi David

Very interested ! I attended Sharrow Lane from 1951 to 58

Will spread the word

Have you considered meeting in the school cafe during the day time, providing of course there isn't a massive response.

To be honest I had thought that most people would prefer an evening but you are right I should have asked. I will do that and perhaps people who have responded already would indicate their own oreference in here? How big is the cafe?

Howdy.. 'DavidFrance'..

'Runningman' got in before me'... yes - I too was going to suggest the cafe'.. now known as ''The old school cafe'' and I believe now open midweek 8 - 4. We did in fact intend holding the previous meeting (September 2015) in the school cafe'... but it was closed on that particular day.. so we moved on down to Cafe' ''Amici & Bici'' - Abbeydale road - which was large enough on that occasion. The 'old school cafe' by the way - is very spacious - within the school hall and would have no problem in accommodating all who turn up. Will keep in touch.. Cheers from Dj.

Howdy.. 'DavidFrance'..

'Runningman' got in before me'... yes - I too was going to suggest the cafe'.. now known as ''The old school cafe'' and I believe now open midweek 8 - 4. We did in fact intend holding the previous meeting (September 2015) in the school cafe'... but it was closed on that particular day.. so we moved on down to Cafe' ''Amici & Bici'' - Abbeydale road - which was large enough on that occasion. The 'old school cafe' by the way - is very spacious - within the school hall and would have no problem in accommodating all who turn up. Will keep in touch.. Cheers from Dj.

Good reply Dj !

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quote