Sharrow Lane School 1950s - Reunions

Hello again David, I've remembered a few more names.

Bob Hempstock

Mick Linley

Roger Walker.

Roger lived on the same road as me, and we still meet up occasionally for a drink and a chat.

I've also remembered a few of the girls.

Yvonne Cohen

Christine Salmons

Avis Tingle

Valerie Burgin

Mavis Leavesley

Rosamund Pygott

Sandra Cooke

Judith Whitehead

Betty Smedley.

As you say it seems to have been a very good class, in what was a very good school!

Wey-hay! And a couple more of the ladies....Ann Simmons, Wendy Bagnall (same birthday as me), Diane Goodfellow, (whose mum was a teacher), Valerie Shaw (who will be at the reunion), Lilian Handley, Jacqueline Parkin, .....phew! I'm running out of brain cells!

Don't forget to listen to Rony Robinson from 1pm tomorrow for the Sharrow Special.

Don't worry Runningman, I'll put a reserved notice on a chair for you! Like I said, we may spill out to a pub! Suggestions welcome.

Myself and Runningman.. can take half hour turns at leaning against my Zimmer frame.. !!

If a pub is required for any - after meeting - further drinks .. then 'The stag' at Sharrow head is the only one nearby that I can think of.

I enjoyed the 'Sharrow lane' poem on Radio today David..(France)... but I didn't hear any mention of its origin... was it composed by yourself ?... or another source ?

Looking forward to Friday the 10th.... Cheers from Dj.

Myself and Runningman.. can take half hour turns at leaning against my Zimmer frame.. !!

If a pub is required for any - after meeting - further drinks .. then 'The stag' at Sharrow head is the only one nearby that I can think of.

I enjoyed the 'Sharrow lane' poem on Radio today David..(France)... but I didn't hear any mention of its origin... was it composed by yourself ?... or another source ?

Looking forward to Friday the 10th.... Cheers from Dj.

Hi Oscar, yes I wrote it. It is one of a trilogy I have called The Lanes. The others are about Dixon Lane and Manor Lane and part of that one has been embodied in a sculpture in a new park near the Manor Castle. Glad you enjoyed it, thanks!

Yes I agree the Stag is a good idea. I feel sure they'll have parking space for zimmer frames!

Hi Oscar, yes I wrote it. It is one of a trilogy I have called The Lanes. The others are about Dixon Lane and Manor Lane and part of that one has been embodied in a sculpture in a new park near the Manor Castle. Glad you enjoyed it, thanks!

Yes I agree the Stag is a good idea. I feel sure they'll have parking space for zimmer frames!

Brilliant !... you have an obvious talent .. I recorded the poem.. and shall take another listen.. Dj.

Brilliant !... you have an obvious talent .. I recorded the poem.. and shall take another listen.. Dj.

This is not a plug but if you have an ipad or tablet or kindle you might like to look at Tramway Tales by David France on Kindle Books priced at 97p ! I recommend "Blind Man's Buff" and "Snakes Alive" for Sharrow memories...lol.