Geoffrey Boycott Awarded a Knighthood.

12 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

Strange that Boycott wasn't denying she had bruising to her face and said that it was the result of a fall.

Edited by Longcol

6 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The Mail and the Telegraph! 😂🤣😂

Awww dont tell me....theyve be found guilty of violent conduct too,in a french court by any chance? 

So there opinions dont count 🙄

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

Strange that Boycott wasn't denying she had bruising to her face and that it was the result of a fall.

Your fixated,look at the bigger picture,drink it in,and digest for a while

4 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

Your fixated,look at the bigger picture,drink it in,and digest for a while

Look at the pictures of her bruising (which Boycott has never denied as far as I'm aware) and tell me how you get them as the result of a fall.

And her supposedly  reporting to an unnamed friend in an unattributable quote that the injuries were due to a fall - one of journalisms oldest tricks.

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

Wow. All these apologists for a woman beater. Extraordinary - and here's me thinking it was 2019, and that not all men were knobheads.

Wow I thought wed stopped burning witches wayback in 1682,but in 2019 the knobheads are still here,still burning,well four of em,you never dissapoint god bless sheff forum and the 4 amigos.........enjoy your anger fellas never let it go 😂

Edited by staninoodle

He appealed his conviction.

The decision was upheld.

She said it wasn't the first time.

Why would she lie?

He beats women, gets convicted.

Why does it matter what country it was in, or what language they speak, he beats women?

What is a knight of the 'realm'

Honours bestowed by useless politicians.

He ain't 'sir' to me. Just a sad, violent bully who hits women and gets found guilty.

Make that five amigos!

10 hours ago, staninoodle said:

So there opinions dont count 🙄

You said it. Opinions!

Both the Mail and the Telegraph are both right-wing newspapers with a long history of racism, xenophobia and misogyny. The fact that they champion a racist and misogynist convicted in a ‘foreign’ court like Boycott, says much more about the political position of those papers than his guilt or innocence.

As you said, simply opinion.

Congratulations to Sir Geoffrey Boycott for being Knighted for his services to cricket.

It's great when you can be so polarised into what is black and white and be blind to the colours in between.

It is never that straight forward and I can see a man that has done his best despite what some people think.

Elvis Presley wrote in the back of his bible “To judge a man by his weakest link or deed is like judging the power of the ocean by one wave.”

I have to feel sorry for some of the posters as to their lack of life experience and tolerance.

12 minutes ago, Hadron said:

Elvis Presley wrote in the back of his bible “To judge a man by his weakest link or deed is like judging the power of the ocean by one wave.”

Most people on here aren’t judging him they are questioning what kind of message is given by the awarding of an honour to a very public misogynist and racist with a conviction for violence against women.

He has already been judged by the courts. People are quite rightly questioning the appropriateness of the honour, not helped by it being given by a disgraced former Prime Minister.