Court Ruling Goes Against Johnson

4 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

Listening to him speaking from NY he sounded like it was business as usual. He said that the verdict was disappointing but never sounded like he was about to quit.

Yes, I saw that interview too. I suppose he is waiting to get back to London to see what Cummings advises. Given that Cummings has previously stated his intention to shake up and even destroy the political class, consideration now needs to be given to the possibility that Cummings is actually in No.10 to undermine Johnson. 

Given that Cummings is a seasoned operator and both Johnson and most of his current cabinet are political lightweights, if he wants to do damage from within, he is ideally positioned.

1 hour ago, Michael_W said:

Can't trust the public can't trust the politicians, wait until some clown like Jezza the Red gives the vote to 16 year olds and the <removed> becomes complete with Thungbergesque drama queens getting in on the act !

I'd have well educated - even if I disagree with them - 16 year olds voting rather than thick as mince 40 year olds voting leave to send the Muslims home/straight bananas/etc.

But I agree, I wouldn't trust politicians and that's worse. They have access to reports, researchers that I can't begin to compete with or understand, and still they lie.

Edited by nikki-red

53 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

Listening to him speaking from NY he sounded like it was business as usual. He said that the verdict was disappointing but never sounded like he was about to quit.

If he did quit now, he would be the shortest serving PM in history. Clearly, his ego trumps everything - the people, the country, the constitution.

1 hour ago, L00b said:

What do you call the widespread branding of Remainers as traitors, of late, if not intimidation?

How about the widespread branding of leavers calling them, racist, xenophobic, uneducated gammoners, which started soon after the referendum results and well before any of the branding of remainers of late. Leavers have put up with this for over 3 years.

25 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I'd have well educated - even if I disagree with them - 16 year olds voting rather than thick as mince 40 year olds voting leave to send the Muslims home/straight bananas/etc.

And above is a prime example....;)

Edited by apelike

7 minutes ago, apelike said:

How about the widespread branding of leavers calling them, racist, xenophobic, uneducated gammoners, which started soon after the referendum results and well before any of the branding of remainers of late. Leavers have put up with this for over 3 years.

It doesn’t matter which side of the fence you’re on, people only discredit themselves when they employ these kind of blanket slurs.