Where Can I Get These Type Of Bricks From?

Janus

Thanks TCH.

I have no recollection of when or where I got the 2 bricks from.

I collect bricks for a wall job, from anyone who has them for disposal. They more than likely came with them. 

About  8 of these multi-hole bricks are needed to brick up the top of a celler shute. Allows good ventilation and hopefully keeps vermin out. The two centre holes just need a bit of gobbo to make them mouse proof. :)

It's amazing how many companies there were making bricks years ago. Most of the bricks have the company name on them. If I cease buying a TV license & stop watching the telly I could start a whole new hobby. Do you know where I can get an anorak from?

Edited by Janus

22 minutes ago, Janus said:

It's amazing how many companies there were making bricks years ago. 

As part of an extension/deck I built a few years back, I built a low brick wall which was constructed of locally salvaged bricks with the company name embossed in them. 

I believe there were at least thirty different types of bricks in that wall all from Sheffield, Barnsley, Rotherham and Doncaster. I Googled most of the companies’ names and was amazed to discover there was a lot of information on most of them. In the C18th and C19th, many large building projects in South Yorkshire, either residential or industrial would include a brickworks when the bricks needed were made on site rather than bought in from elsewhere.

There seems to be quite a bit of history around brick making.

When we think about the humble brick and the amount of houses there are, and in the past, there must have been millions of bricks made over the years. 

There is a kiln in Sheffield  that I've past a few times. Can't remember exactly where it is in town.  Bit of landmark but not a massive structure. I'm assuming it was  for bricks or something similar.