Flood Alerts Sheffield Autumn 2019

Vaati

If you're coming down Manor Lane towards the back of the Parkway you're a bit screwed because if you turn left onto Cricket Inn Road there's a flood (passable with care on the pavement only), and if you turn right that's completely closed because of flooding.  The only answer is to go back up the hill and find another way round!

Guest makapaka
35 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Drainage, like roads need a regular programme of maintenance not someone sat waiting for a phone call from a member of the public to state the obvious!!!

I don't disagree - I don't know if that happens either.

But what if someone came to look at the drain for its monthly / bi monthly / yearly maintenance and it was clear but now it's not? 

6 minutes ago, monkeygirl said:

The river at Eckington has burst its banks - avoid the area if you can

I tend to do that even if its not flooded. 🙂

1 minute ago, makapaka said:

But what if someone came to look at the drain for its monthly / bi monthly / yearly maintenance and it was clear but now it's not? 

Then both things need to be in place, its a basic requirement.

27 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Given people are reporting blocked drains all over the city I doubt its that they check regularly and just got unlucky in so many places.