Health Walks in Hillsborough

Hello

At the moment the plan is to hold them on a Thursday morning at 10.30am. I just wanted to get a general feel about the idea and see if any one would be interested in coming. We are still in the process of finding routes and am hopeful that some local people will be able to suggest some good routes. The pace is set by the group with front and back markers to make sure no one gets left behind! The walks will start and finish at Hillsborough Arena where there is toilets, changing rooms and a cafe and bar area to have cuppa and a gossip when we finish!!! All the routes will be made as accessible as possible for everyone of all abilities and ages.

Hope this helps!

Aimee

Yeah course! If we had a few mothers and toddlers coming we could end some sessions in the library in the park and have a story reading session or something?

Does any one have any suggestions for exercises classes or other activities that they would like to see put on?

Aimee

I think the walks are a good idea but maybe you could also have one after 4pm or at weekends so more poeple can join? This is something my dad would probably like but wouldnt be able to make it on a morning in the week

Have you done these before? I got a leaflet through earlier in the year that said there was a community walk on Thursday mornings, but (I think) starting from Wisewood Community Sports Hall.

I agree that some early evening/weekend ones would be good though, particuarly in thuis nice weather!

Archived