What Are You Watching On Tv At This Moment ?

pattricia

3 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Strike.  - BBC 1 

There's something about the one legged private detective and his female assistants story lines that have you wanting more.

Shame we have to wait another week for the next episode though.

Enjoy it on catch up.

Have you watched the previous three stories or read the books? All were entertaining. He makes a good Strike. Not sure about the actress though.

2 hours ago, wearysmith said:

Have you watched the previous three stories or read the books? All were entertaining. He makes a good Strike. Not sure about the actress though.

I haven't read any of the books but we did watch the previous series' yes.

I'm not sure how the actress compares to the character in the book, but having nothing to compare her with I think Holliday Grainger is doing a good job.

My question has to be WHY does the slip of a lass drive an old Land Rover ?

(Why would anyone want to drive a Land Rover come to that ?)

Keep safe

Last night.

Ghosts - BBC1 8.30-9.00 (R)

Daft enough to be funny. 

couple inherit a rambling mansion with an array of ghosts all with different personality's.

From the cave man to the failed dodgy business man (who walks around with no trousers on having died in a compromising situation) this is a joyous romp true to the British sense of Humour. Personal favourite the Scout master with the Arrow through his neck fired by a cheating wife (by accident of course).

Missing or Murdered?  11.05 -12.05 

Claudia Lawrence.

OK this was a repeat but still riveting. 

11 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Last night.

Ghosts - BBC1 8.30-9.00 (R)

Daft enough to be funny. 

couple inherit a rambling mansion with an array of ghosts all with different personality's.

From the cave man to the failed dodgy business man (who walks around with no trousers on having died in a compromising situation) this is a joyous romp true to the British sense of Humour. Personal favourite the Scout master with the Arrow through his neck fired by a cheating wife (by accident of course).

I enjoyed it. Wife bailed after one episode.

Yes, very silly. I hope there's another series but they shouldn't drag it on too long.

I've a lot of time for Charlotte Ritchie. She's made for this role and was excellent as the copper in last year's Dr Who New Year special.

Edited by wearysmith

14 minutes ago, wearysmith said:

I enjoyed it. Wife bailed after one episode.

Yes, very silly. I hope there's another series but they shouldn't drag it on too long.

I've a lot of time for Charlotte Ritchie. She's made for this role and was excellent as the copper in last year's Dr Who New Year special.

It was Her That Should Be Obeyed that first made me aware of Ghosts.

Lolly Adefope (Kitty) the flirtatious, innocent, fun loving (if only she had had the chance of some intimacy when she was alive) character has to be my absolute favourite. "I promise not to come into your bedroom again"

All good fun with no rat a tat tat of machine guns., blood or violence.

Lottery's on, so I'll be looking for a similar house in't morning.

6 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

It was Her That Should Be Obeyed that first made me aware of Ghosts.

Lolly Adefope (Kitty) the flirtatious, innocent, fun loving (if only she had had the chance of some intimacy when she was alive) character has to be my absolute favourite. "I promise not to come into your bedroom again"

All good fun with no rat a tat tat of machine guns., blood or violence.

Lottery's on, so I'll be looking for a similar house in't morning.

It's basically an update of the old Arthur English classic, 'The Ghost of Motley Hall' from the 70s.

The cast of that are probably all ghosts themselves now, bless 'em.  

Just watched the last episode of 'Why Women Kill' on Alibi. Thoroughly entertaining series where there definitely can't be a second (at least with the same cast).Wasn't sure after viewing the first episode. It seemed to be a P.C tick-box show. As in:

black bisexual -      check

brutal husband -   check

simpering wife -    check

drug addict -           check

secret gay -              check

street surviving manipulator - check

nosey neighbour - check

Get the picture? All the characters seemed cardboard. Written to fill a quota. Almost too rigid. Conforming to type.

I wondered if the writers might have been too scared of modern-day sensibilities. For instance, why 'Why Women Kill' ? (about women killing off husbands). I'm sure an equally funny/dramatic program could have been produced; 'Why Men Kill' about guys offing their wives. I'm thinking it probably seemed easier (and less likely them getting flak) by scripting it about women. Sympathy vote from a female audience?

By the 2nd episode, however, I was in. It is very funny in the same way that 'Dead To Me', 'Desperate Housewives' and 'Six Feet Under' were funny. Dry.

Example: Jack Davenport is all a-flutter picking clothes to go on a date. He picks a peach-coloured jacket out of the wardrobe and holds it up for Lucy Liu’s appraisal. “Is this pastel too gay?”

Her reply; “Have you ever seen a straight pastel?”

Some great episode titles too. My fave was episode three: "I Killed Everyone He Did, But Backwards and in High Heels"

See the source image

Edited by wearysmith

10 hours ago, wearysmith said:

Just watched the last episode of 'Why Women Kill' on Alibi. Thoroughly entertaining series where there definitely can't be a second (at least with the same cast).Wasn't sure after viewing the first episode. It seemed to be a P.C tick-box show. As in:

black bisexual -      check

brutal husband -   check

simpering wife -    check

drug addict -           check

secret gay -              check

street surviving manipulator - check

nosey neighbour - check

Get the picture? All the characters seemed cardboard. Written to fill a quota. Almost too rigid. Conforming to type.

I wondered if the writers might have been too scared of modern-day sensibilities. For instance, why 'Why Women Kill' ? (about women killing off husbands). I'm sure an equally funny/dramatic program could have been produced; 'Why Men Kill' about guys offing their wives. I'm thinking it probably seemed easier (and less likely them getting flak) by scripting it about women. Sympathy vote from a female audience?

By the 2nd episode, however, I was in. It is very funny in the same way that 'Dead To Me', 'Desperate Housewives' and 'Six Feet Under' were funny. Dry.

Example: Jack Davenport is all a-flutter picking clothes to go on a date. He picks a peach-coloured jacket out of the wardrobe and holds it up for Lucy Liu’s appraisal. “Is this pastel too gay?”

Her reply; “Have you ever seen a straight pastel?”

Some great episode titles too. My fave was episode three: "I Killed Everyone He Did, But Backwards and in High Heels"

See the source image

We started this last night and watched the first two. I watched all the Desperate Housewives series in the past so it's easy watching with a bit of nostalgia for what came before.  They seem a captivating cast and we have been a bit at a loss for things to watch the last couple of weeks so  I think we'll see the series through.