What Are You Watching On Tv At This Moment ?

pattricia

7 hours ago, mad-dad said:

Any idea which regiment of the Royal Artillery he served in Francypants? I was a 'Gunner' myself 60s/70s

Hi mad-dad,

Sorry,  I've no idea which regiment my dad served in.   Unfortunately he died in 1992 age 69.   His medals are now in America treasured by my nephew who was very close to him.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, francypants said:

Hi mad-dad,

Sorry,  I've no idea which regiment my dad served in.   Unfortunately he died in 1992 age 69.   His medals are now in America treasured by my nephew who was very close to him.

Did your uncle serve in the forces Fran, he lived to a grand old age?

13 hours ago, Padders said:

Did your uncle serve in the forces Fran, he lived to a grand old age?

Hi Pads,

Yes he did and he was posted abroad but unfortunately I don't know where to or in what regiment he served.  

It's  6 years this year since he died age 92.

Was your dad or any relatives in the forces ?

21 minutes ago, francypants said:

Hi Pads,

Yes he did and he was posted abroad but unfortunately I don't know where to or in what regiment he served.  

It's  6 years this year since he died age 92.

Was your dad or any relatives in the forces ?

Morning Francy.

My eldest brother joined the parachute regiment (National service) 🪂 did all his training, then refused to jump out of the plane.

So they sent him to Gibraltar where he served the rest of his conscription, think it was the Yorkshire fusiliers.

Incidentally, both my daughters have done parachute jumps!

My dad was in the army and served in Ireland during the Irish uprising in 1920.

I was in the Lifeboys at 14 years old...

6 minutes ago, Padders said:

Morning Francy.

My eldest brother joined the parachute regiment (National service) 🪂 did all his training, then refused to jump out of the plane.

So they sent him to Gibraltar where he served the rest of his conscription, think it was the Yorkshire fusiliers.

Incidentally, both my daughters have done parachute jumps!

My dad was in the army and served in Ireland during the Irish uprising in 1920.

I was in the Lifeboys at 14 years old...

Did you make soap ? 

In the style of the Jesse character from The Fast Show. 

This week I've been mainly watching 'Spooks'.  The full series is available on BBC iPlayer. 

I forgot how good this series was & considering it stopped years ago, how many of the programmes still have relevant story lines.  You probably wouldn't get away with some of the violence  & references these days without a warning before hand. 

4 hours ago, Baron99 said:

In the style of the Jesse character from The Fast Show. 

This week I've been mainly watching 'Spooks'.  The full series is available on BBC iPlayer. 

I forgot how good this series was & considering it stopped years ago, how many of the programmes still have relevant story lines.  You probably wouldn't get away with some of the violence  & references these days without a warning before hand. 

I remember the title, and having just had a look at a YouTube trailer of it, I'll be giving it a go again.