What Are You Watching On Tv At This Moment ?

pattricia

Watched Panorama, about a school with vulnerable  children of special needs.

It exposed staff working there that were cruel  and had absolutely  no compassion whatsoever.

How can this have been allowed to happen?.

Shocking to say the least.

On 08/06/2024 at 15:28, Baron99 said:

In the style of the Jesse character from The Fast Show. 

This week I've been mainly watching 'Spooks'.  The full series is available on BBC iPlayer. 

I forgot how good this series was & considering it stopped years ago, how many of the programmes still have relevant story lines.  You probably wouldn't get away with some of the violence  & references these days without a warning before hand. 

I'd like to see some of the people who object to comedy shows or is it some executive who thinks they may offend without actually doing just that.

8 hours ago, janie48 said:

Watched Panorama, about a school with vulnerable  children of special needs.

It exposed staff working there that were cruel  and had absolutely  no compassion whatsoever.

How can this have been allowed to happen?.

Shocking to say the least.

Authorities should come down hard on this,  I would,  square pegs in round holes imo.

5 hours ago, cressida said:

Authorities should come down hard on this,  I would,  square pegs in round holes imo.

Yes, I agree, but I won't say anything  more about it in case anyone wants to watch it on Iplayer. It really was shocking to.hear though.

At least thanks to the BBC undercover reporting its being futher investigated and five members of staff have been suspended. 

Rebus Episode 4. 
Bit too violence for me but no doubt true to life in some quarters.

Sometimes wish that they had subtitles or dubbing for the broad Scottish accents!😃

echo.

18 hours ago, echo beach said:

Rebus Episode 4. 

Sometimes wish that they had subtitles or dubbing for the broad Scottish accents!😃

echo.

I came across Episode 3 when TV channel-hopping recently, and liked it so much that I then sat through all six episodes on iPlayer in two sittings.

Violent, yes, but I love the Edinburgh locations. Agree that subtitles would have helped occasionally, although as a fan of the Rab C. Nesbitt comedy series my ears have adapted somewhat.

19 hours ago, echo beach said:

Rebus Episode 4. 

echo.

I struggle a bit with Scottish accents on TV too.