What Are You Watching On Tv At This Moment ?

pattricia

3 hours ago, Hecate said:

:D

I didn't guess the bad guy when I read the book, and I don't think I would have done so if I'd watched the tele version knowing nothing about the story.  Having read the book late last year it was fun to spot where the clues had been hidden on screen and see the cunning use of 'don't look at that!  Look at this!'

I thought it was very well done indeed; though again, it really zipped along (by necessity; the book is huge!) and I'm not entirely sure if, at the very end,  Strike's thought processes were made really clear as he worked out whodunnit.  Nice 'letting out the inner evil' moment though.  Properly chilling,

Looking forward to the adaptation of The Ink Black Heart.  That book is the best of the series, with twists and turns twisting and turning like a twisty turny thing, including one of the best and most well-plotted twists I've ever read.  Will be interesting to see how they deal with filming big chunks of it, as it's essentially a tale of the rotten heart of online communities and social media and as such makes substantial use of transcripts, Twitter posts and what not.

Really recommend reading the books to see how cleverly they pare these tales down to their core, and catch up on the stuff that didn't make it to the screen.

944 pages huge!

1024 for the ink black heart 

The Troubled bloods are going for as little as £3.11 (including the postage) on't Fleecebay 

While Ink black are holding their price at around £15.

I'll wait till't summer and find one on't carboot 🤣.

Interesting there is no hard and fast rule as to which is ever going to be the best, the book or the film adaptation.

Hadn't read the book, but fully recommend watching  'Troubled blood' on catch up anyone who missed it.

Keep safe out there 

Rocker 8).

5 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

944 pages huge!

1024 for the ink black heart 

The Troubled bloods are going for as little as £3.11 (including the postage) on't Fleecebay ...

Bargain!  I bet you pay more than that for those extra-large almond milk and caramel frappuccinos you buy from Starbucks every week.  :D

On 13/12/2022 at 20:03, Hecate said:

Bargain!  I bet you pay more than that for those extra-large almond milk and caramel frappuccinos you buy from Starbucks every week.  :D

You've as much chance of finding me in a Starbucks as finding me in Meadowhall on a unicycle, or Meadowhall without a unicycle come to that.

Emmerdale

(I need a reason to shout at something 🤣)

1 hour ago, Rockers rule said:

You've as much chance of finding me in a Starbucks as finding me in Meadowhall on a unicycle, or Meadowhall without a unicycle come to that.

Emmerdale

(I need a reason to shout at something 🤣)

Hey that was fun 🤣

Some guy's been cheated on, kept it secret that he knows, leads 'slapper' to the house her dead lover-boy bought for her.

Kicks off in't pub, Jock lady (Wife of guy who's in't stripey cell for killing lover-boy) (but he didn't kill him t'was their young son :huh:) Twatt's the sister of 'slapper' with a lovely back elbow in't nose.

Everybody's kicked out of pub.

Might watch this tomorrow 🤣

7 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Hey that was fun 🤣

Some guy's been cheated on, kept it secret that he knows, leads 'slapper' to the house her dead lover-boy bought for her.

Kicks off in't pub, Jock lady (Wife of guy who's in't stripey cell for killing lover-boy) (but he didn't kill him t'was their young son :huh:) Twatt's the sister of 'slapper' with a lovely back elbow in't nose.

Everybody's kicked out of pub.

Might watch this tomorrow 🤣

Never watched Emmerdale Rocker,

But things are getting a bit lively on Corrie.

On 13/12/2022 at 09:46, Rockers rule said:

Thank you Hecate (for the misdirection) :thumbsup:

I thought I'd got it right (or near enough) :blush:

Misdirection seems the appropriate word here, was there anyone the storyline didn't point the finger at?

Great entertainment with some comedic moments worth mentioning.

Not a spoiler, but loved the moment Strike asks the (careful, Rocker) 'Homeless person' for a cigarette, sits down and then orders a take-away for them both 🤣 

Well worth watching 8)

Below, not a 'spoiler more of an observation 🤣

Reveal spoiler

Where else were they going to find Robin Askwith ?

See the source image

Ha ha ha Confessions of a Window Cleaner was on the other night 😀