What Are You Watching On Tv At This Moment ?

pattricia

1 hour ago, cressida said:

They've (sons)  got on something with Sandi Toksvig and it's in Norway freezing cold,  snow everywhere,  can't wait for it to finish,  may have a hot chocolate.

53 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

She is a boring anoying womam, another talentless nobody. :roll:

Have a read of her book 'Hitlers Canary'.

Might change your mind?

12 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

She is a boring anoying womam, another talentless nobody. :roll:

Everybody on TV is talentless nowadays Mr. P.

In the olden days, cleverness was celebrated, people would flock to exhibitions to see new machines and meet the men who'd invented them (oh for Fred Dibna).

Not that long ago we had Rock-n-Rollers, now we have summat called Rapping!

The only thing I can rap is Xmas presents.

Once you could be an Engineer and rich.......at the same time.

I think everything changed when Blind Date came along, here was a show specifically designed for Morons.

Occasionally, for comedic effect, a clever person who could speak properly was invited into the pink and purple idiot chamber so that the host Our Cilla, could make mocking "oooh" noises on discovering that they had been to university.

Suddenly it was uncool to be intelligent and well read, Cilla told us every Saturday night that it was much better to be a hairdresser, And, as a result, the future wasn't bright, it was Orange..

Blind date was the master and originator of the "all right for some" mentality that now pervades every part of our lives.

Anyone good-looking, or rich, or lucky is perceived to have committed some kind of crime against the Chip-Eating masses.

We are now bombarded by the antics of minor-league non -celebrities who have pretty much the same Genetic coding as a cauliflower and a bit less intelligence than a dishwasher.

Clever people today are not welcome on TV, stupid people only really like to see other stupid people on television because it makes them feel good about themselves.

They reckon that if someone with the IQ of a turnip can get on the box, there is hope they can too.

Obviously, if this continues, Britain will be sunk,

If our children feel they must be gormless to fit in, we shall soon be a big, dark backwater full of fat people celebrating their idiocy with another bag of Aunt Bessies oven ready chips.

What we must do is undo the teachings of Blind Date and humiliate the nations morons into changing their ways.

I believe this is possible,

In "Padders Bar" there are people who seem to have little or no intelligence, if you asked them to write down every single fact they knew on a piece of paper, they would only need a stamp, 

And yet, despite having less knowledge about the world than a tree, they could add up a darts score faster than a super-computer, same with a hand of cribbage.

This means they have the capacity to be bright and useful. but no one has worked out a way to make them realize it.

Until we work out how to solve this conundrum were stuck with the dross currently being shown on our screens.

Anyway I'm off to watch Naked Attraction.

HAPPY NEW YEAR FOLKS.

keep viewing.

2 minutes ago, cressida said:

Presley never changes his mind, if he doesn't like anything that's it. 

It's not about another 'flapper' is it?

That's fine ✔️.

The book (mostly based on fact) is about her childhood and how her father and brothers helped the resistance against the Germans in Denmark  during WW2.

Reading the book gave me a different perspective on the lass.

Keep safe 

Rocker 8)

26 minutes ago, Padders said:

In the olden days, cleverness was celebrated, people would flock to exhibitions to see new machines and meet the men who'd invented them (oh for Fred Dibna).

I think everything changed when Blind Date came along, here was a show specifically designed for Morons.

Occasionally, for comedic effect, a clever person who could speak properly was invited into the pink and purple idiot chamber so that the host Our Cilla, could make mocking "oooh" noises on discovering that they had been to university.

Suddenly it was uncool to be intelligent and well read, Cilla told us every Saturday night that it was much better to be a hairdresser, And, as a result, the future wasn't bright, it was Orange..

Blind date was the master and originator of the "all right for some" mentality that now pervades every part of our lives.

Anyone good-looking, or rich, or lucky is perceived to have committed some kind of crime against the Chip-Eating masses.

We are now bombarded by the antics of minor-league non -celebrities who have pretty much the same Genetic coding as a cauliflower and a bit less intelligence than a dishwasher.

Clever people today are not welcome on TV, stupid people only really like to see other stupid people on television because it makes them feel good about themselves.

They reckon that if someone with the IQ of a turnip can get on the box, there is hope they can too.

If our children feel they must be gormless to fit in, we shall soon be a big, dark backwater full of fat people celebrating their idiocy with another bag of Aunt Bessies oven ready chips.

What we must do is undo the teachings of Blind Date and humiliate the nations morons into changing their ways.

In "Padders Bar" there are people who seem to have little or no intelligence, if you asked them to write down every single fact they knew on a piece of paper, they would only need a stamp, 

And yet, despite having less knowledge about the world than a tree, they could add up a darts score faster than a super-computer, same with a hand of cribbage.

This means they have the capacity to be bright and useful. but no one has worked out a way to make them realize it.

Until we work out how to solve this conundrum were stuck with the dross currently being shown on our screens.

HAPPY NEW YEAR FOLKS.

keep viewing.

Cracking rant Padders . I agree with it all. When  Our Cilla came on TV it was turned over . Totally false 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Padders said:

HAPPY NEW YEAR FOLKS.

keep viewing.

Cracked.

Cracked rose tinted glass's with a lack of time recognition.

Quote: Not so-long-ago we had Rock 'n' Rollers' :huh:

Even if we count the Rock 'n' Roll revival, T'is 50  years ago since the naughty boys of Showaddywaddy started doing unnatural things to drape jackets.

But, I digress.  

I say God bless Cilla.

It gave me, Mrs Rocker and a whole nation the impetus to get togged up bugger of't pub, learn to fight, throw bottles and drive under the influence, something that became so embarrassing I had to start leaving her at home :suspect: :suspect:.

But I digress.

None of my peers thought I was fick, in fact the accolade of "A normal person couldn't do your job Rocker" spurred me on to master the noble art of sarcasm and how to spread engineers blue to the insides of the collar and sleeves of my fellow Donkey jacket wearing workmates :suspect:.

Happy Daze :blush:

I say more power to Fick celebrity's how else would you remember what you want from the shops? 

Many a time I look at Rylan and think 'I must buy a cabbage this weekend'.

Long live the minor celebrity.

The demise of our once great drinking nation, to pockets of underground shebang's where unruly parrots and the primitive throwing of sharp objects at a round board with metal numbers on it can not be blamed on Cilla but on the short-sightedness of parents feeding their children on chicken nuggets instead of chips in a land where computer games rule and television is no longer king ☹️

Keep safe out there 8)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rockers rule said:

Cracked.

Cracked rose tinted glass's with a lack of time recognition.

Quote: Not so-long-ago we had Rock 'n' Rollers' :huh:

Even if we count the Rock 'n' Roll revival, T'is 50  years ago since the naughty boys of Showaddywaddy started doing unnatural things to drape jackets.

But, I digress.  

I say God bless Cilla.

It gave me, Mrs Rocker and a whole nation the impetus to get togged up bugger of't pub, learn to fight, throw bottles and drive under the influence, something that became so embarrassing I had to start leaving her at home :suspect: :suspect:.

But I digress.

None of my peers thought I was fick, in fact the accolade of "A normal person couldn't do your job Rocker" spurred me on to master the noble art of sarcasm and how to spread engineers blue to the insides of the collar and sleeves of my fellow Donkey jacket wearing workmates :suspect:.

Happy Daze :blush:

I say more power to Fick celebrity's how else would you remember what you want from the shops? 

Many a time I look at Rylan and think 'I must buy a cabbage this weekend'.

Long live the minor celebrity.

The demise of our once great drinking nation, to pockets of underground shebang's where unruly parrots and the primitive throwing of sharp objects at a round board with metal numbers on it can not be blamed on Cilla but on the short-sightedness of parents feeding their children on chicken nuggets instead of chips in a land where computer games rule and television is no longer king ☹️

Keep safe out there 8)

Ahem , plagiarism  :rolleyes:  but good tale anyway :thumbsup: