What Are You Watching On Tv At This Moment ?

pattricia

'The Woods'    - Netflix.    & 'The Salisbury Poisonings'   - BBC1

'The Woods'

Me & HTSBO enjoyed this.

Lots of twists n turns to keep you guessing, nice ending.

few bits probably lost in translation and a couple of bits that had me shouting at the telly but, 

Well Worth watching.

'The Salisbury Poisonings' 3 parter BBC 1

Excellent 1st part last night can't wait for tonights.

Excellent fillming.

Well cast.

Worth catching up with if you missed the first one.

An original Van Der Valk. 

I remember it being exciting and cutting edge. In fact it was terrible. Awful story, shaking camera, naff sound recording, looped videos of trams and cyclists. Like Crossroads crossed with Acorn Antiques 

On 15/06/2020 at 15:42, oinkjames said:

For a bit of light relief I have been working my way through The IT Crowd on All 4. Not seen them for years, very funny. 

'What We Do In The Shadows'.   Downloaded 2nd series from BBC I-player. 

Very funny concept, (believe you can also download the original film from i-player), 'reality' documentary about vampires living in Statten Island & the problems they have.  Also stars the IT Crowd's, Matt Berry. 

Generally anything with Matt Berry in is good for a laugh as he's so over the top but also deadpan in his delivery. 

Edited by Baron99

20 hours ago, taxman said:

An original Van Der Valk. 

I remember it being exciting and cutting edge. In fact it was terrible. Awful story, shaking camera, naff sound recording, looped videos of trams and cyclists. Like Crossroads crossed with Acorn Antiques 

With that in mind, don't watch The A Team. 

On 11/12/2019 at 15:02, pattricia said:

I love any programmes about vets, zoos, hospitals or the police. In other words factual programmes not fiction.

If you've not already seen it  "The lady in the van"  BBC 4  Tomorrow (Monday) 10pm.

A true story, which I think would appeal to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Special Branch with George Sewell & Patrick Mower from the early 1970's. Mower looks the same as he does now in Emmerdale. 

I'm nearly a couple of  decades younger than Mower, yet I could pass for his dad.  How does he do it? 

Edited by Baron99

On 14/06/2020 at 19:19, Baron99 said:

Pilot episode of 'Starsky & Hutch', recorded a few weeks ago. 

It's a different bloke playing Capt. Dobey? 

Great stuff also enjoyed the film version with Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson, very funny,  wish they would rerun Hill Street Blues. 

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

wish they would rerun Hill Street Blues. 

God yeah! Without a doubt the best cop show there's ever been. A proper mold-breaker, that was.

Without H.S.B there would have been no The Wire, The Shield, Prime Suspect, Law & Order, Cold Case, Criminal Minds, Line Of Duty.....so many more.  Forget the Dixon Of Dock Green and Z-Cars, the Americans ramped it up several notches and opened our eyes to how good police dramas could be.

One of the Sky channels did re-run some of the early 'Blues' episodes a few years back, but only the first few series. Stopped before the show REALLY hit its stride, alas.

Also, one of the most memorable and moving themes ever. Mike Post, we salute you!