What Are You Watching On Tv At This Moment ?

pattricia

My mother admired all the strong actresses like Hepburn,  Davis,  and Stanwyck,  Hepburn won four Oscars only equalled by Meryl Streep.

I wanted to watch that programme but was 'outvoted' ☺️

1 hour ago, cressida said:

My mother admired all the strong actresses like Hepburn,  Davis,  and Stanwyck,  Hepburn won four Oscars only equalled by Meryl Streep.

I wanted to watch that programme but was 'outvoted' ☺️

It's a pity you didn't see it, it was two hours long but worth watching.  Perhaps it will be  on again.soon , they often repeat programmes on that channel. 

Incidentally,  I checked the Katherine Hepburn film list and discovered there are a couple of her films  on YouTube that I haven't seen and can save and watch later on TV.

One is- Bill of Divorcement ( one of  her earliest films)  and the other is her last film appearance called One Christmas.

A film I especially enjoyed and is one of my all time favourites, is a film I saw  at the Cinema - On Golden Pond with Henry Fonda and Jane Fonda, great acting performances from all  the cast and a very moving film

• Like 1

Watching 'Back in time for the Corner Shop.'

Set in Sheffield (Norton Lees Road) so particularly interesting for Sheffielders. Very interesting and informative living history, it shows a corner shop and how it, and the family running it, evolve over time, from late Victorian until the present day.

Especially interesting for me as I know the lovely family involved, and remember them making it. They had to live the life including living above the shop for weeks during the making of it.

I remember it well.

Very good watch.

• Like 1

Alan Carr 'Changing Ends', funny series about Alan growing up, ended up binge watching it last night, I enjoyed it and the young actor playing him got it spot on, never knew Graham Carr was his Dad...