What Are You Watching On Tv At This Moment ?

pattricia

1 minute ago, wearysmith said:

God yeah! Without a doubt the best cop show there's ever been. A proper mold-breaker, that was.

Without H.S.B there would have been no The Wire, The Shield, Prime Suspect, Law & Order, Cold Case, Criminal Minds, Line Of Duty.....so many more.  Forget the Dixon Of Dock Green and Z-Cars, the Americans ramped it up several notches and opened our eyes to how good police dramas could be.

One of the Sky channels did re-run some of the early 'Blues' episodes a few years back, but only the first few series. Stopped before the show REALLY hit its stride, alas.

Also, one of the most memorable and moving themes ever. Mike Post, we salute you!

Pure Magic! :thumbsup:

Once upon a time in Iraq. 3 episodes in and it's probably the toughest documentary I've watched. Interviews with ex-soldiers, journos and Iraqi civilians. Brutal stuff. Up there with The World at War ? In my view, yes. Shouldn't be hidden away on BBC2, it's essential viewing.

On 21/07/2020 at 15:56, tinfoilhat said:

Once upon a time in Iraq. 3 episodes in and it's probably the toughest documentary I've watched. Interviews with ex-soldiers, journos and Iraqi civilians. Brutal stuff. Up there with The World at War ? In my view, yes. Shouldn't be hidden away on BBC2, it's essential viewing.

I agree.  This is exceptional, informative TV.  

I haven’t seen The World at War but the (fairly) recent Vietnam series that aired on BBC 4 over several episodes was very good as well.  I think it can be viewed on Netflix now.

Edited by Arnold_Lane

35 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

I agree.  This is exceptional, informative TV.  

I haven’t seen The World at War but the (fairly) recent Vietnam series that aired on BBC 4 over several episodes was very good as well.  I think it can be viewed on Netflix now.

Done in the late 70s early 80s I think so - like once upon in Iraq- lots of survivors giving interviews. Available for download from UK TV but seems to be on Yesterday most days!

Will look out for the Vietnam doc.

Just started watching The Secrets she Keeps on Catch Up. Didn't bother with it when it was on BBC because I thought it looked boring but as there's nothing else on atm I thought I'd give it a whirl. Glad I did, it's really good and last night's episode took a more sinister turn 😱