What Are You Watching On Tv At This Moment ?

pattricia

The Rescue. A documentary re the saving of the Wild Boar juvenile football team from the flooded cave in Thailand.

Boy the bravery and innovation shown by the British amateur cave divers, plus the Thai Navy Seals and almost 5000 helpers from all around the world simply beggars belief.

Mission impossible or so it seemed but they proved otherwise. Heart wrenching stuff!

echo.

11 hours ago, rosemary19 said:

Watched Doctor Zhivago earlier.

Really  enjoyed it.

Great film. Saw it with Mercedes, my girlfriend at that time, in ‘65 when it was released.

Lord, is it really 59 years ago!

echo.

• Like 1

On 26/02/2024 at 22:28, echo beach said:

Part 3 of ‘The shuttle that fell to Earth’. The loss of Columbia, what went wrong, the inquest.

echo.

Just watched the final 2 episodes of this series.  What an arrogance of senior management decisions: demeaning of  highly qualified engineers lower down the hierarchy & refusal to try & obtain the evidence of the Shuttle's damage. 

I'm surprised nobody was ever charged with corporate manslaughter.  I'm sure those astronauts could have been saved. 

• Like 1

Out of Town with Jack Hargreaves. This series from 1980 is on Talking Pictures TV on Monday at 6:30 and repeated on Sunday afternoon. Everything a programme about the country should be, and everything Countryfile isn't.

• Like 1