What Are You Watching On Tv At This Moment ?

pattricia

Solitary Man. 2010 BBC documentary/biography of Neil Diamond.

Interesting look back at the ‘50s, 60’s, ‘70s and beyond in New York, California and the world of Neil’s journey and his subsequent fame.

echo.

7 hours ago, echo beach said:

Neal Diamond at the BBC.

His back catalogue is fantastic. Sweet Caroline, Crackling Rose, Love on the Rocks et Al.❤️

Oh, the nostalgia!😃

echo.

Downloaded that while switching over to continue with the snooker. Looking forward to a later viewing.

Shook hands with Niel Diamond at the Royal Vic where he was staying after his show at the City Hall. I was at the wedding of a friends daughter,I was talking to her when he came up to her to congratulate her and he shook my hand ,asked him if he would sing a song for her,one of his minders said he wont do it.He said goodnight and off he went to bed.

• 3 weeks later...

The Tattooist of Auschwitz

Based on a true story.  I couldn’t watch some of the six episodes all the way through, not because of poor acting, which was very good, I found it to harrowing to watch in parts.  You can feel the helplessness and despair of the prisoners in Auschwitz. It’s a reminder of how many people passed through the gates and never came out again.

The Imitation Game.

A brilliant film , which I have seen previously, based on the life of Alan Turing and his crucial work at Bletchley Park in the Second World War.

The Enigma Code was the objective which he and his team managed to break and it’s also a good description of his personality.

In the end the disgraceful treatment of that time by the Establishment destroyed him as he committed suicide in 1954 and in 2013 the Queen granted him a Royal pardon.

Thank God society has become a bit more enlightened since those dark post war days.

10/10.

echo.

Just watched the Arena programme about the making of Heartbreak Hotel, Elvis’ first big hit. Interesting insight into the songs origin and some aspects of his life.

5/10.

Now watching Blue Hawaii, his 8th film produced in 1961. The main star, with the exception of Elvis of course, is the red MGA sports car.  4/10.

echo.

Classic 'Hancock'.  The Blood Donor episode.  Some classic lines..

"Think you'll find 12 generations British with just a dash of Viking. "

"A pint! That's nearly an arm full." 

"I thought what could I do for my country?  Join the Young Conservatives?  But then again, I don't play ping-pong." 

• Like 1