General Election 12 December.

Message added by nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

To me this election is all about Brexit. It is a big mess and needs to be taken care of first and foremost. A couple of labour vultures were at the polling station and like the picture above not even worth spitting at. They could have done a lot for the area but instead its gone to the dogs and that's being polite.

Just now, Gormenghast said:

Just been to vote and a man at the entrance, who said he was a "Libdem teller," was asking everybody for the voter number on their card, or if not, their  address.

Was he legally able to do this?

He’s allowed to ask. 

I always tell them to mind their own business.

It is to help them to get their vote out.

10 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

I've asked before when I went to vote once. Why does your voter number have to be on the vote? Doesn't it mean it's not anonymous vote? I can't remember the answer.

The ballot paper and the record of who has taken which ballot paper are kept separate. However, in the case of a police investigation, for instance into voter fraud, the ballot papers can be retrieved and matched to a voter.

Just now, max said:

The ballot paper and the record of who has taken which ballot paper are kept separate. However, in the case of a police investigation, for instance into voter fraud, the ballot papers can be retrieved and matched to a voter.

Yeah that sounds familiar, thanks max.