General Election 12 December.

Message added by nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

32 minutes ago, max said:

Sorry, but the spoilt vote is looked at by agents/candidates from each party who agree on whether it is valid or not. If agreed that it's invalid that's it, its short half second of fame is gone, never to be considered gain.

Interesting, I didn't know that until earlier.

This means that if say half the country spoiled their votes in a huge demonstration, it would simply be chalked off as a low turnout.

Well, after 2 or 3 members earlier replied to my posts about not voting, (and a few customers today in my taxi) I decided to use my vote, and spoil it. I thought this was better than not voting, but as it happens, I might as well have not bothered with this new information.

Still, there was a good outcome. I ordered a pizza next door, had a cig, tidied the car for tomorrow, and voted. I enjoyed the pizza! :)

--

I hope someone reading this thread will see the LIVE Sheffield Hillsbro and Brightside votes, and posts how many spoils there were.

50 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

The British intelligence community  has been using a simple vote tracing procedure for many decades now to identify those who cast their ballot for anti-establishment fringe parties, such as communists, as a matter of routine.

Votes are traced by matching the numbered ballot paper to its numbered counterfoil. The numbered counterfoil also bears the voter's registration number from the electoral register, which is hand-written at the Polling Station when the ballot paper is issued. 

I love this...!

Is it only every 5 years you come out with this kinda stuff?