General Election 12 December.

Message added by nikki-red

This is NOT to become a second Brexit thread.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Dardandec said:

We need to destroy any possibility of the Tory's getting a majority. :twisted: Come on Mr. Boot we can do this, go with your heart of hearts, think of all  the Tory austerity, Lets do it, destroy it man, come on. 

I've never voted Conservative in my life. Nor will I ever.

They stand for the landed gentry and the aristocracy, to ensure the system that keeps the poor poor, and the rich rich, remains in place. The EU is a part of this system, so when the Tories inform us they will take us out we know this will never happen under a Tory government.

The Tories took us into the EU. They will never take us out.

3 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

They stand for the landed gentry and the aristocracy, to ensure the system that keeps the poor poor, and the rich rich, remains in place. The EU is a part of this system, so when the Tories inform us they will take us out we know this will never happen under a Tory government.

You need to vote for a party way to the right of the Tories.

Booty, Farage and Widdecombe all sitting in the same tree K I S S I N G.

1 minute ago, Car Boot said:

Course they will - they're no longer the "landed gentry and aristocracy" - they're tax exiles, merchant bankers, currency speculators and assorted spivs who would gain personally from Brexit.

8 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Mirror, Guardian, Observer,  The i, Morning Star..... 

I didn't count the Sundays. But heigh ho - - pro Tory - Sunday Times, Mail on Sunday for a start. The Morning Star has negligible circulation - I could have counted the Yorkshire Post, pro Tory and a bigger circulation.

11 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

You need to vote for a party way to the right of the Tories.

Booty, Farage and Widdecombe all sitting in the same tree K I S S I N G.

Careful, last time I suggested Mr Boot was slightly right of Maggie I got a 24 hour holiday.

See you in a few days !!! 🙋‍♂️ (although that could be me 😂)

Edited by whiteowl

8 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

Careful, last time I suggested Mr Boot was slightly right of Maggie I got a 24 hour holiday.

See you in a few days !!! 🙋‍♂️ (although that could be me 😂)

I’ve been banned so many times that I’m starting up a wedding service.

9 minutes ago, Longcol said:

I didn't count the Sundays. But heigh ho - - pro Tory - Sunday Times, Mail on Sunday for a start. The Morning Star has negligible circulation - I could have counted the Yorkshire Post, pro Tory and a bigger circulation.

Stop moving the goalposts.  Nobody mentioned circulation.     It was a simple left v right argument.

SW is prinited through the might of Trinity Mirror resources anyway so circulation (or lack of) is their own problem.

The point is for every bunch of so-called "right wing biased" publications there are plenty of so-called"left wing biased" publications.

3 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Stop moving the goalposts.  Nobody mentioned circulation.     It was a simple left v right argument.

SW is prinited through the might of Trinity Mirror resources anyway so circulation (or lack of) is their own problem.

The point is for every bunch of so-called "right wing biased" publications there are plenty of so-called"left wing biased" publications.

That's why I don't read newspapers. It's 2019, why do I want to read yesterdays news with a political slant on it ?  🤷‍♂️

Just now, ECCOnoob said:

Who is SW? Nobody has mentioned an SW  have they? I only mentioned circulation because you brought the Morning Star into it - it's less relevant to this debate that any local / regional paper. And who moved the goal posts by bringing the Sundays into it?