Use And Abuse Of Soup Kitchens

13 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Rather an odd reply if you don't mind me saying.  For example, a food bank has food for 200 destitute people, 50 non destitute come and fill their bag, meaning 150 get food leaving 50 who deserve the food do not get it. Why would you not wish to stop the non deserving taking food out of the mouths of the 50 deserving.

Angel1

I thought I made it plain. 

The real issue is that you have destitute people

Solve that problem and you don’t need food banks at all. 

Simple really. 

12 minutes ago, Mister M said:

My understanding is that a person / family would need a referral by a GP or the DWP to use a food bank. Are they referring undeserving people?

No. But some would like you to believe that food banks aren’t needed. Hence the emergence of spurious stories about mythical people stealing from them.

9 hours ago, Branyy said:

The fact that corruption happens in high places isn't a reason for not caring about abuse and injustice in "low places".

Awww it's really nice to know that there are people who are as compassionate as you obviously are.

2 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I don't believe every food bank user is destitute. There must be some simple method to keep the cheats away who do not need to attend.

Angel1

On tonight’s news they showed you this woman getting food from a food bank then walking outside and driving off in a car !

please note the CA,doctor, or many other agency can refer you. 

also people go more than 3 times, the rules are broken most of the time due food banks looking to boost figures. 

a friend of mine went plenty of times, used to bring back stuff he disliked then offer it me.

i said you should not accept it in first place

5 hours ago, pattricia said:

On tonight’s news they showed you this woman getting food from a food bank then walking outside and driving off in a car !

And you think that means she isn't struggling to feed her family?

She might need it for work. She might need it because she's a carer. It might not be hers?

Do you want all foodbank users to be shoeless and dressed in rags?

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

And you think that means she isn't struggling to feed her family?

She might need it for work. She might need it because she's a carer. It might not be hers?

Do you want all foodbank users to be shoeless and dressed in rags?

Well I ain’t heard of any of them owning a car and being able to afford to fill it with petrol !

10 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Well I ain’t heard of any of them owning a car and being able to afford to fill it with petrol !

'Them'? You mean people who are struggling to make ends meet? You've never heard of someone who's struggling to make ends meet running a car?

Where do you live? Mars?

1 hour ago, prolific said:

do you not think people do that to gain food,money?

it would be harder to hand over money to a homeless person dressed better than yourself.

food banks are often full of junkies and people from Europe  

And you know this because?

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 23:40, prolific said:

As we all know there are a few soup kitchen round town.

One i follow on facebook i recently saw the "local drug dealer" also a friend of a friend there(who is on a reasonable amount of money)

how do you stop the abuse or the need over greed attitude towards this?

I think this thread has been started to invite people to have a go, mock and discredit people that use soup kitchens.

Pretty despicable really.

36 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I think this thread has been started to invite people to have a go, mock and discredit people that use soup kitchens.

Pretty despicable really.

I think this thread had been started to show a lack of policy needed to stop abuse of a (generally welcomed) service.

And this thread also shows the naivety of people that think no such abuse exists.