What To Do If Your Alone For Xmas Day?

10 minutes ago, joojoo said:

Hi Padders

Coincidence that, mine went in 2015 as well.  Wonder if they’re misbehaving somewhere.  If so good  luck to em!  I’m no spoilsport. x

Just be my luck that...……. I tried to get her to misbehave for 50odd yrs, no joy.

6 hours ago, imfromsheffield said:

i’ve just been talking about that. someone suggested coach trips that run over xmas. sounds like a good idea. think i’m pushing it to find a place on any now tho? 

I think you’ll still be able to find a holiday if you’re not fussed about locate and possibly at a discount price. A few years ago both my sons were working over Christmas so I booked last minute on a mystery holiday. I ended up with 5 days in Brighton and had a lovely time with other singles, couples and families. Would definitely do it again if only kids would stay away 😀

7 minutes ago, catmiss said:

I think you’ll still be able to find a holiday if you’re not fussed about locate and possibly at a discount price. A few years ago both my sons were working over Christmas so I booked last minute on a mystery holiday. I ended up with 5 days in Brighton and had a lovely time with other singles, couples and families. Would definitely do it again if only kids would stay away 😀

where did you find it? i had a quick look but the site i looked on wasn’t cheap. so gave up lol. 

i don’t care where i end up. as long as i’m not stuck in the house bored. 

think i’ll enjoy it. i like to travel about.  

Try Alpha, Shearings, David Urquhart, Gee Vee. It won’t be that cheap for Xmas but Mystery is usually cheaper and you may get waiver of single supplement. Have a look at the sites but also give any you’re interested in a ring-sometimes customer services are able to advise of special deals. Hope you get something- when I went there was something going on every minute of the day from film screenings, board games, quizzes, evening entertainment and trips out. There was a real sense of inclusion, 3 meals a day and free glasses of wine😀

19 hours ago, imfromsheffield said:

getting close to xmas again. last year i spent it alone. couldn’t find anything to do or places to go where i wouldn’t look all sad sat on my own. just wondered if there was places served dinner or something put on for people alone over xmas?.  i know you have things for the elderly but i’m just into my 40’s  family and friends doing there own thing so i’d like to find other people in the same situation. not wanting to be alone but not wanting to intrude on someone else’s day either.  all us sad lonely folk in one place. 

is there anything? 

thank you!! :)

. Please consider voluntary work in a hospital as the NHS is under tremendous strain over Christmas. Some elderly people will be in hospital over Christmas. Imagine for them they are not only alone but also ill. Just to hold their hand can give them great comfort.

Edited by pattricia