Time To Ban xmas trees.

8 hours ago, Daven said:

Very small if you use the same one year on year.

I think you have to use them for at least 7-10 years for it to be the same (and then better) than getting a live Christmas Tree, although even then how you dispose of it remains an issue as it should be recycled. 

Unfortunately a lot of people replace their artificial trees more regularly than that, (and they then end up in landfill) although I don’t know what the average time is across the UK. I would hope it’s more than 10 years. 

On 08/11/2019 at 10:15, Padders said:

Why do we allow the callous and mindless slaughter of millions of Xmas trees every year?

Slaughter?

Do you have a problem with the "slaughter" of sprouts, cabbages and carrots etc? 😉

Joking aside,

I fully agree that trees are a vital part of the big picture but commercial farming of these trees, keeps trees growing. As said previously, if it was banned, the land would be sold and probably used for buildings. I know it's not the best answer but I would rather have a rotation of young trees on the land than more factories and office blocks.

I hope you have a good "treeless" xmas padders, I don't have either...Bah Humbug!!! (By that I mean, a good xmas but no trees or decorations)

All those fields of pumpkins grown for halloween and fields of xmas trees could be reforested (properly) and allowed to grow to mature, biodiverse environments that would be good for us all.  I don't think you could ban them but you could certainly reduce their supply.

Our xmas tree lives in a pot in our garden and has now provided us with xmas joy for 4 years.