The Standard Of Driving Has Become Woeful.

2 hours ago, Slinny said:

Cycling keeps you fit a foot on a clutch does not .  Nine out of ten are well over weight . Starting from very young ,  

Bang on Slinny ,  I was being sarcastic to the bloke that saw all those cyclists breaking the law in one day , there are millions of cars on the road spewing out gases that are killing us and the Country side ,     and don't let them kid you that the new electric ones are any better , building those battery's pollutes the atmosphere even more , and you can't get rid of them .

15 minutes ago, Leo Tomlinson said:

Bang on Slinny ,  I was being sarcastic to the bloke that saw all those cyclists breaking the law in one day , 

Who said it was all on the same day?

You made an assumption,  a poor one at that.

3 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Just put up with it, I don’t think that I can change the stupidities that I see, just watch out for them.

You are right , when some get behind the wheel in the Chelsie tractors or German racing cars the brain goes out of the window , Some want to be at a destination before they have set off , A couple of tons of metal bearing down on pedestrians and cyclists who cares , gerout of the way .

12 hours ago, Leo Tomlinson said:

You are right , when some get behind the wheel in the Chelsie tractors or German racing cars the brain goes out of the window , Some want to be at a destination before they have set off , A couple of tons of metal bearing down on pedestrians and cyclists who cares , gerout of the way .

I drive a Freelander because my Rheumatoid Arthritis makes it impossible for me to get into a lower slung vehicle, I appreciate that you said “some”, but others consider anything larger than a Fiesta to be driven by an idiot.

On 08/07/2022 at 21:15, Leo Tomlinson said:

The new law that cars give way to cyclists and pedestrians  at Junctions  is ignored just like the drink drive and non use of mobile phones while driving is .

Why make these laws when they are not enforced by the police , Its a joke the way car drivers just ignore them .

It is  not ignored by those who get caught.

Still less by those who have an collision at fault under those laws.

Like any other new law (e.g. mandatory seat belt BITD), it will take time to bed in across enough of the population, you cannot expect insta-compliance by 100% of the driving public overnight.

I saw it again today, a car driving up ridgeway road going past the petrol station at Gleadless townend and then turning left down the one way system along the tram track. Other motorist and pedestrians were flashing and shouting but the driver just carried on and re-joined White lane near the butchers. I have seen this a lot of times. Crazy.

• Like 1

On 08/07/2022 at 22:25, Leo Tomlinson said:

Well the pub car parks around our neck of the woods are full , some park a few mins walk away , perhaps they are all drinking dandilion and burdock but not noticed many glasses with that drink around the tables .

i  have nearly been wiped out on a few  occasions since the new junction pedestrian law came in , this due to me thinking that car drivers actually comply with the law that states cyclists and pedestrians have priority . still see drivers on the phone every day some of em held at steering wheel hight ., so some yes , every one ?????? perhaps not the phone or the booze but the give way law no one seems to comply .

There is no new law.

2 minutes ago, cgksheff said:

There is no new law.

there is  it came out in the last 6 months  pedestrians and cyclists have priority at all road junctions so to spell it out in English this means that if a pedestrian is walking up to a road junction and you are driving to that junction you STOP  no ifs no buts no pack drill . same if a cyclist is approaching as well . you have just failed your test .