The Standard Of Driving Has Become Woeful.

4 hours ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Its an ill thought through law that.

Works perfect fine here in Luxembourg.

Where it has been law ever since there have been laws to govern road traffic.

There’s occasional annoyance at the increasing speed of ‘modern pedestrians’  (as in, riding e-scooter thingies). Nothing which a little more anticipation cannot accommodate.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

I think this amounts to bad driving. The number of parked cars I saw yesterday with the windows left open, when I walked around Gleadless town end  was unbelievable.

Hope they were not parked in bike lanes , its against the law you know .

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/07/2022 at 09:37, Kidorry said:

It does not seem to apply on the school runs, they park anywhere.

It does not hurt to walk to school , many children and parents are well over weight , children running out between parked cars ,  who would take the blame then , I walked from gleadless town end to frechville school for four years , rain   Snow. Hail  or blow .  It did me no harm ,,and could not wait to get out off house after tea, thing have really changed , 

3 hours ago, Slinny said:

It does not hurt to walk to school , many children and parents are well over weight , children running out between parked cars ,  who would take the blame then , I walked from gleadless town end to frechville school for four years , rain   Snow. Hail  or blow .  It did me no harm ,,and could not wait to get out off house after tea, thing have really changed , 

We used to call at school mates houses on the way to school, sit and read a different comic in each house while waiting for them,  then call to our favourite sweet shop, look at what the kids are missing these days.

Just now, PRESLEY said:

We used to call at school mates houses on the way to school, sit and read a different comic in each house while waiting for them,  then call to our favourite sweet shop, look at what the kids are missing these days.

They've no idea have they.

8 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

They've no idea have they.

Beano, Dandy, and Gus the Gorilla in Cor. A Topic, A Mars Bar the size of a brick washed down with a Bottle of Orange from off the Milk Man. Thats what me and my mates called a full English.  :hihi:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Beano, Dandy, and Gus the Gorilla in Cor. A Topic, A Mars Bar the size of a brick washed down with a Bottle of Orange from off the Milk Man. Thats what me and my mates called a full English.  :hihi:

Full English 😂

It was a great time to be alive. I miss those days.

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Full English 😂

It was a great time to be alive. I miss those days.

Couldnt wait for Playtime to hit the Tuck shop, a couple of Curly Wurlys kept you going till you got your Rice Pudding and a spoonful of Jam, then stirred till Pink,  if it wern't for mi mam and making me eat  boring ( actually proper)  food I would have lived on what I mentioned,   Yes they were the days.  :thumbsup: