David Duckenfield Found Not Guilty

Message added by Vaati

Posts have been removed. Any further posts victim blaming WILL result in your account being suspended. We've warned on this many times in many of these threads. All end up blocked because people cannot help themselves.

Guest makapaka
3 hours ago, maggidee said:

mr Duckenfield the way you have conducted yourself through all this and to have all the insults etc you have had ,please hold your head up high you have nothing to feel sorry about , to think of the millions of pounds on trial after trial after all the years what a waste a big waste of money ,let the ones who died be able to rest in peace please, the Bradford fire was another tragedy but its not gone on for decades     thank god you have got the verdict ive been hoping for. enjoy your life now along with your family you deserve too

well said kate I agree

The way he conducted himself??   he didn’t tell the truth for 26 years.

he can feel sorry about not doing his job properly and contributing to the disaster that killed 96 people.

@bassett one:

There was a safety certificate at Hillsborough it had just not been updated since 1979 apparently, despite work having been done on the Leppings Lane terracing during that time, the thing people forget is that back then that was the norm and was probably regarded as acceptable, all the recent trials and inquests have had the benefit of hindsight, and with that the information uncovered in the Taylor report. The hooligan problem of the 70s meant every stadium in the country had fences up, terraces like that on the Leppings Lane end had segregating pens so that the terrace could be shared between home and away fans on occasion during club matches, the disaster was the consequence of many things combined, the stadium was no worse than any other, arguably it was regarded as one of the better ones and hence it was used for big games, it was an accident waiting to happen at the football.

Build up of fans outside, not enough turnstiles, police losing control, gate being opened and then overfilling and crushing in the central pen, inadequate reaction in the stadium and sadly it was too late for those poor souls stood on that terrace, nobody had the experience to deal with those events, all these things were highlighted 'after' the disaster.

I have been to many football matches over the years and been in crushes at various grounds both inside and out, I remember a couple of Wednesday away games late 70s early 80s where crushing outside caused exit gates to burst open under pressure, I have been in a ground where rubbish was set on fire under the stand we were in and the match carried on, that was 6 years prior to the Bradford disaster, football fans up and down the country were treated as second class citizens, particularly by the police, but this was due to the problems caused by hooliganism, anyone who has looked at the Hillsborough disaster having not experienced those times first hand will most certainly not have the same perspective as those who witnessed what happened at the football matches back then.

Edited by Michael_W

2 hours ago, makapaka said:

The way he conducted himself??   he didn’t tell the truth for 26 years.

he can feel sorry about not doing his job properly and contributing to the disaster that killed 96 people.

He made a catastrophic mistake and did himself no favours by lying in the immediate aftermath. I'm not sure what truths he withheld for 26 years but he wasn't on trial for that. He'll never be forgiven on Merseyside and that is understandable but the issue was whether or not his decisions amounted to criminality.

One jury acquitted him in a private prosecution and another could not reach a verdict. An inquest jury ruled that the 95 were unlawfully killed, a verdict much easier to reach to when there is nobody stood there in the dock.

Guest makapaka
16 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

He made a catastrophic mistake and did himself no favours by lying in the immediate aftermath. I'm not sure what truths he withheld for 26 years but he wasn't on trial for that. He'll never be forgiven on Merseyside and that is understandable but the issue was whether or not his decisions amounted to criminality.

One jury acquitted him in a private prosecution and another could not reach a verdict. An inquest jury ruled that the 95 were unlawfully killed, a verdict much easier to reach to when there is nobody stood there in the dock.

As I said before - I’m not questioning the decision by the courts - that’s been decided.

people expressing sympathy for him though - no.

made tragic mistakes

lied about it

withheld truth about it 

sympathy should be with those people, some of them little kids - who went to watch a football match and got crushed to death.

then got blamed for it happening.

those little kids that laid dead in a gymnasium got tested for alcohol consumption - to try and show it was the supporters fault.

mothers of dead children were told on the same night that their kids were property of the coroner and couldn’t even go near them so the police could later deflect blame.

Feel sorry for them - not the person who was employed to keep them safe and failed.

Edited by makapaka

32 minutes ago, makapaka said:

As I said before - I’m not questioning the decision by the courts - that’s been decided.

people expressing sympathy for him though - no.

made tragic mistakes

lied about it

withheld truth about it 

sympathy should be with those people, some of them little kids - who went to watch a football match and got crushed to death.

then got blamed for it happening.

those little kids that laid dead in a gymnasium got tested for alcohol consumption - to try and show it was the supporters fault.

mothers of dead children were told on the same night that their kids were property of the coroner and couldn’t even go near them so the police could later deflect blame.

Feel sorry for them - not the person who was employed to keep them safe and failed.

Evidence please.

A 15 year old was tested (doesn't say where) - hardly a "little kid".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-29622067

It would appear alcohol tests were carried out on 11 people at the NGH.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/blood-alcohol-levels-hillsborough-casualties-8433726

Edited by Longcol

4 hours ago, Longcol said:

Evidence please.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/blood-alcohol-levels-hillsborough-casualties-8433726

Were the police tested?

And yes, 15 year old and still someone's little kid, and someone's grandkid.  And a hell of a lot too young to die and in the most horrifying manner, when he was supposed to be in the care of our city.

Margaret Aspinall is correct.  The system in this country is an absolute disgrace and how the 96 and their families have been let down on that terrible day and every terrible day ever since is unforgivable.

Edited by Lex Luthor

Guest makapaka
8 hours ago, Longcol said:

Evidence please.

John Paul gilhooley was tested - he was 10 when he was crushed to death at the football match - does he qualify as a little kid?

On 29/11/2019 at 09:14, TomMix said:

The Architects , planners and committee's who were responsible for the design seem to have got off scot free , the Leppings Lane stand was not fit for purpose and still to this day is not , I remember being in some horrendous crush situations in there long before that day .

As a life long Owl I have to agree. i have seen a video of the Leppings Lane end made by West Midlands police as part of the investigation (sadly no longer available).  In my opinion it was absolutely shocking.

It showed a large 'Standing' sign above the tunnel, a tiny 'Standing' sign high up on a pole to the right and no sign at all to the left to indicate access to standing there. Also the tunnel itself was flat for the first half and then sloped down steeply on to the terraces. 

Of course, if the behaviour of some football fans at the time hadn't been so appalling there wouldn't have been a need for fences and side pens and the disaster probably wouldn't have happened but that's another story.

On 28/11/2019 at 19:06, katekate said:

This has gone on far to long.  Let those that lost their lives rest in peace and let this man live his.  Those families have suffered and will continue to do so as they didn't  get the outcome that they wanted.  Whether what this man did was right or wrong he did what he thought best at the time, how many times do we all do that then look back later to see that things could have been very different.  I think he has been punished enough and now deserves to move on.  I feel for those that lost their lives and the families that have to live everyday with this but it's time now to move forward the best way that they can.

I totally agree with you KateKate!

Guest makapaka
5 hours ago, Dales said:

I totally agree with you KateKate!

The man that contributed to the death of 96 people.

lied and said it was their fault on the day he’d contributed to their death.

withheld  the truth for 26 years before finally admitting he’d lied.

You agree he should just be allowed to “move on”.