George Turton Platts

super19751

On 29/04/2019 at 14:07, Andy tate said:

Was in engineering shop late 70s happy days  worked hard played hard  Tony glossep  shop steward then  mad times  any body remember

I know someone who worked there he was a turner or machinist called Frank.

• 5 months later...

Hi, My names Angie, did anyone work at George Turton Platts in the 70's? I worked with Eileen Barlow/Potts and Jack Simmons in Personnel, a little wooden shed  was the office in the yard. I was there from around 1971 to 1978. It would be nice to catch up with other's who worked there. I knew alot in both the factories and the office's. I was a friend of Jenny who worked on the switch board which I also used to work on sometimes.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, I worked there for 40 yes from 69 to 2009, in heat treat, with Pete and his dad, and a load of other guys, 

I knew almost everyone, 

Pete, can you remember,the dumper truck, Reg Osborne,theover temp alarm outside office and a air rifle, 

I've been to a few funerals of my old pals, I'm 71 now, in reasonable health and living in Doncaster, 

• 2 years later...