Bus Fares Up Again,Why?

22 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

You could well be right - I understand SYPTE are somewhat reluctant to make payments from the Bus Service Operators Grant, too.

Many labast  the operators (and quite rightly in most cases) but fail to understand that SYPTE is a waste of space and money & repeatedly fail to pass on government grants and concession payments then have the cheek to fine the operators for failing to operate services. 

SYPTE don't even operate the stations directly anymore, opting for outsource via Noonan, an irish firm who's reviews on Glassdoor paint a picture of poor management, poor wages (lots of accusations of failure to pay staff) amongst other complaints. 

First are soon going to be getting my taxi receipts for a refund.

I met friends after work tonight for a meal. I went for the 98 bus home at 8.20, it came in 'sorry not in service'. I spoke to the driver who said there was no replacement driver to take the bus over. Bear in mind the buses are one an hour at this time. I was fuming, though I know it wasn't the driver's fault as he was only doing as he was told. 

I went back to the restaurant for another coffee, on principle refusing to get a taxi home. I went for  the 9.20 bus and that was missing! Absolutely beyond a joke. I did get a taxi home then as I refused to wait for another hour. So it cost me over £8.00 to get  home. 

Surely this awful service cannot go on.

Guest makapaka

We had the 95 bus service from town to Walkley and back - nice and regular - happy days.

we now have the 95 and the 95a - both which drive around the entirety of Sheffield and as such get held up along the way and thus are never on time.

you can get on that bus at Walkley now and end up at pitsmoor, firth park, jenkin road, Meadowhall  etc.

a lady at the bus stop the other days said she’d been given a free week pass to compensate for the extent of disruption she had encountered over the previous couple of weeks.

Edited by makapaka

8 hours ago, Retro Queen said:

First are soon going to be getting my taxi receipts for a refund.

I met friends after work tonight for a meal. I went for the 98 bus home at 8.20, it came in 'sorry not in service'. I spoke to the driver who said there was no replacement driver to take the bus over. Bear in mind the buses are one an hour at this time. I was fuming, though I know it wasn't the driver's fault as he was only doing as he was told. 

I went back to the restaurant for another coffee, on principle refusing to get a taxi home. I went for  the 9.20 bus and that was missing! Absolutely beyond a joke. I did get a taxi home then as I refused to wait for another hour. So it cost me over £8.00 to get  home. 

Surely this awful service cannot go on.

I have heard too many stories like this first thinks it's a joke.

Try small claims court and get it on front pages of newspapers instead of HS2

Today I waited for a bus where it is supposed to come approximately every five minutes at one clock in afternoon. 

After twenty minutes waiting there came a dubbeldecker that was so full that even upstairs people were standing.

I got out and took the next  one that came ten minutes later.

Looking on their website at expected arrivals it looked more like fourteen buses were coming instead of the scheduled twenty.

Guest busdriver1
5 hours ago, verydull said:

Dutch, I have tried to explain this to first that there are buses missing from the tracking system and buses are turning up when they aren't scheduled

I think there's a bug but I don't think they understand that onr

Tracking issues are sorted out by an outside contractor, First are have to wait till they can attend.

It is massively in their interest to get it sorted out.

On 27/02/2020 at 18:54, busdriver1 said:

Tracking issues are sorted out by an outside contractor, First are have to wait till they can attend.

It is massively in their interest to get it sorted out.

But they don't sort it out. All I receive after my many complaints to First are the same daft email saying they take customer's views and complaints into account and blaming the traffic, staffing etc for the delays but nothing gets done and it just get worse.

Andy C and Bus Driver seem to be most knowledgeable in this area so can either/both explain why services across the city have deteriorated so much in the last couple of years. This is a genuine enquiry as I can’t seem to get anything other than platitudes from the powers that be