Bus Fares Up Again,Why?

1 minute ago, busdriver1 said:

Nail on the head there.The public in Sheffield are one of the main reasons companies can not attract or retain staff. I for certain would never drive a bus there.

its fustraiting for the drivers as we are just told what to do, and i am guessing any1 that wants to stay in a job and get paid so u can live u need to do what u are told, i am sure i will get told i am talking rubbish by someone with no experance of been on the buses, the normal quote been "i catch them all the time"...so that make them a expert pls come and drive them u will see a whole new world lol,

33 minutes ago, driver151 said:

its fustraiting for the drivers as we are just told what to do, and i am guessing any1 that wants to stay in a job and get paid so u can live u need to do what u are told, i am sure i will get told i am talking rubbish by someone with no experance of been on the buses, the normal quote been "i catch them all the time"...so that make them a expert pls come and drive them u will see a whole new world lol,

I honestly don't know how you deal with it all :) I've caught buses for most of my life and I get annoyed by people that I can see have been waiting for a bus to arrive but don't bother to get out their fare until they are standing in front of the bus driver. I also don't understand why people won't sit next to each other any more? You can see 10 spare seats and people will stand up because otherwise it means they have to sit next to someone. Then there are drivers that don't seem to understand the size of buses or how you manoeuvre large vehicles. As usual people will blame everything except themselves. I'm glad for people like yourself because it's not a job I'd like to do!

Guest busdriver1
34 minutes ago, driver151 said:

Couldnt agree more . I have driven buses in the past all over the country including London and the worst place by far for the bad attitude of passengers is Sheffield. Like you say some of these "Experts" should try it. I would give them half a day at most.

12 hours ago, ormester said:

Use the tracker on the first app  it tells you if the bus is tracking abd what time its coming if its not tracking it won't come 

The tracker is not 100% reliable, as we found to our cost on Monday. Went to catch the midday inbound 135 which was tracking OK all the way from Rotherham; it turned up, but showing SNIS... Similar instances with other services.

And, even if a bus is not showing as tracking, it does not necessarily mean it won't turn up: all pot luck in my experience.

Never had a problem 

5 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Couldnt agree more . I have driven buses in the past all over the country including London and the worst place by far for the bad attitude of passengers is Sheffield. Like you say some of these "Experts" should try it. I would give them half a day at most.

Bad attitude of the Sheffield public lol maybe there fed up of putting up with a terrible service and who pays your wages   bus dryer you have lost respect blaming Sheffielders 

36 minutes ago, ormester said:

Never had a problem 

Bad attitude of the Sheffield public lol maybe there fed up of putting up with a terrible service and who pays your wages   bus dryer you have lost respect blaming Sheffielders 

The old saying of we pay your wages... that's how the economy works I bought a red bull today that pays the red bull employees wages I bought a ford that pays the wages of ford employees, like I said if u know how to fix it pls apply for any of the bus companies

Plus you dont even know me so how can u say I have lost respect?

Maybe that's the attitude we are talking about

Edited by driver151

2 minutes ago, Andy C said:

Pay poundland prices you don't get a gold plated service!

Commuter tickets are only about £2.40 a day for unlimited travel across the city!

Yep, unfortunately it's the world we live in most things have gone up in price not only public transport, my god a freddo was only 10p at one point, Cadburys have lost all respect for the public!

Guest busdriver1
2 hours ago, driver151 said:

The old saying of we pay your wages... that's how the economy works I bought a red bull today that pays the red bull employees wages I bought a ford that pays the wages of ford employees, like I said if u know how to fix it pls apply for any of the bus companies

Plus you dont even know me so how can u say I have lost respect?

Maybe that's the attitude we are talking about

That is EXACTLy the attitude Thanks to him for providing such a good example. Sadly he is not alone by any means

We don't get this level of entitled whinging every time Tesco (other supermarkets are available) increases the price of bread, jam. bog roll  or when pubs/coffee shops increase the price of drinks etc etc etc..

As Andy C frequently points out our local bus fares are exceptionally good value compared to similar cities. A 10/15 minute bus ride in Bradford (First) cost £2.30/£2.60 BEFORE any January price rise.  For a comparable daily amount I can get unlimited travel on every bus/tram within the Sheffield city boundary. 

Our fares are (relatively speaking) very good value.