Hillsborough Kinema Proctor Place.

14 hours ago, carosio said:

After the Unity closed, a firm started selling I think some kind of machinery, they fitted glass panels in the front so you could see them when passing by.

Leather and Simpsons was on the opposite side.

We used to see the boss of the firm that took over the Unity most nights being carried to his car by his staff drunk as a skunk to be driven home!.He was an overweight middle aged guy,he must have been under the influence with the racket he made and not ill in any other way!.A shame really he was well dressed and seemed to have everything materialistic,makes you wonder why someone like that got himself in such a state!.

• 2 months later...

I remember being stood-up at the Kinema; Julie Jenkinson, you broke my little heart.  I remember seeing Jason and the Argonauts, The Ten Commandments and Zulu there.  The Park Cinema was for the Saturday matinees with Captain Marvel, Zorro, Tarzan, Lone Ranger, etc.  I think mum took me to town to see Lady and the Tramp and Goldfinger.  Memories!