City centre running forum!

dear all,

hi! i have just done the edinburgh marathon....and am due to be doing the Bristol half and then GNR this autumn.....i would like to know if there are any athletics/running clubs in the city centre....also if anyone wants to join me to do some serious training.....then please PM me.....

Pranav.

Mate, I would but you used the word "serious" Did anyone see the chicken run the sheffield half marathon?? - i know they run up on woodburn road (athletics track) every tuesday and i think its open to all, can anyone confirm/deny??

lol...when i said serious training all i meant was someone who would be willing to commit to regular saturday training sessions of about two or so hours....i mean it dont have to be like continuous two hours.....besides i also go running everyday 2 if anyone wishes to join me.....i can go seriously slow when tired.....but it would be nice if there were some local folk with who one could go running regularly.....

the woodbourne road and don valley training sessions are those of the steel city riders and city of sheffield AC.....i will join that if owt happens of this post.....anyhooo.....hope everyone is really enjoying this weather!!!

Pranav.

• 2 months later...

Hiya Pranav!

I did the Edinburgh Marathon this year aswell - hot wasn't it?! The last 6 miles were a serious killer:( Ive been told that the Hallamshire Harriers running club meet at 6pm each Thursday at Hillsborough Park (wooden building located in the car park at the top of Hawksley Avenue), and also train on Tuesdays 6pm at Woodbourn Road - I might check them out myself.

For other nearby clubs look at the UKAthletics website

Archived