2020/21 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

Message added by nikki-red

This is the 2020 Recommended Tradesmen thread. Please use the Job Vacancies section for any actual jobs or if youre wanting  quotes.
STRICTLY NO ADVERTISING.

You can still browse through the previous thread here...

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/469128-20182019-recommended-tradesmen-megathread-no-advertisingjobsquotes/

Thankfully it doesn't happen very often but when it does it is like one of those zoom-in moments when you are completely helpless and don't know what to do.  I had an appointment in an hour and had to get changed quickly so I went to unlock the door. The handle turned and felt loose and nothing I did would open the door as the handle was floppy. 😓
I remember a friend telling me they had some locks changed recently due to burglaries in the area so I called the company and Chris came out straight away. He had various devices and could have been the slickest burglar to just flick the handle and the door popped open. Not a clue what he did as it was so quick but glad to get in. He's the owner of Shefflock so if you are ever locked out in Sheffield, he's the person to call. 🙂

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Whitecliffes did our double basement conversion, damp proofed our living room, and replastered our stairs (including taking back to brick at a height!). Eric came when he said to quote, provided quotes within a few days by post, and they started the work when they said. They were a pleasure to have around, put up with (and answered) all of our nervous first-time-renovator questions, and kept the noise and mess to a minimum, always tidying up after themselves each day. Our neighbours said they barely realised they’d started! They did a great job and really made the process as positive as it could be. It was the same guys each day, and they were with us everyday from start to finish, not going and doing other jobs at the same time. Eric came by most days to drop off materials and check on the progress, and we felt informed at all times. Really, really pleased! And we’re having them back soon to do more work! Would definitely recommend.

Thank you very much noahp for your lovely recommendation, we do appreciate you taking the time to put this on the Forum.

The team really enjoyed working in your home and it is important to us that we leave behind a positive experience, both for our customers, and those around them.

We are really looking forward to doing more works for you.

See you soon.

• 1 month later...

Here is a recommendation for an electrician. I needed a bathroom  extractor fan , new lights, new circuit board and also an electrical safety certificate.   Well pleased with the work carried out by Electricom  0114 383 0012 . Nick did a good job.

0114 383 0012

info@electricomsystems.co.uk

0114 383 0012

0114 383 0012

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

Is there anybody who could sweep a chimney. My gas heater failed on the spillage test because the chimney wasn’t pulling enough. Could you please let me know if you could do it and how much it might cost.

Thank you

Philip

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is a recommendation for Whitecliffe's Builders who have damp proofed our living room and fitted a new kitchen. It involved taking both rooms back to brick, re-plastering, new windows in the kitchen, new interior doors and lots more. The team were on site six days a week (and once on a Sunday morning!) until everything was finished and we're delighted with the results. As well as managing the work, Eric was a great source of advice and ideas to make things even better for us.