Trying To Be Vegetarian But.

2 hours ago, geared said:

This.

No offence but your friends and family sound like a right bunch of <removed>.

Who trys to shove folkfulls of food into someone's mouth when they've clearly said they don't want it?

But then again we get the other side of the story where none meat eaters are doing their best stop others eating meat. What has it got to do with them, we should all eat what we want to eat without being dictated to.

Edited by nikki-red

13 minutes ago, jaffa1 said:

But then again we get the other side of the story where none meat eaters are doing their best stop others eating meat. What has it got to do with them, we should all eat what we want to eat without being dictated to.

Where has the OP said anything that would indicate to you that they have tried to stop anyone from eating meat?

There is no other side of the story here - you are just strawmaning.

1 hour ago, jaffa1 said:

They are very pushy, to the extent of beign quite annoying.

but I'm yet to have a Vegan try to physically ram food into my mouth.

What is wrong with people! Why can’t we all choose what we want to eat. I’m not a vegetarian but if I have a vegetarian coming to eat I’ll give them something suitable just as I would I’d avoid giving food they didn’t like/have an allergy to etc. If my friends and family were as disrespectful as those mentioned in the original post It wouldn’t be my food choice I would be questioning 

Does not eating meat affect your body?

Meats are rich in zinc - a nutrient known to maintain testosterone levels and boost fertility. ... A lack of red meat in the diet may be the reason for loss of libido?

I now eat more meat in the hope that it will increase my testosterone levels. I had a test that shows my levels were low, but with the 'normal' range.

30 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Does not eating meat affect your body?

Meats are rich in zinc - a nutrient known to maintain testosterone levels and boost fertility. ... A lack of red meat in the diet may be the reason for loss of libido?

I now eat more meat in the hope that it will increase my testosterone levels. I had a test that shows my levels were low, but with the 'normal' range.

That is a really poorly made point. Shouldn't you perhaps have looked into other sources of zinc and checked if vegetarian/vegan diets are deficient in it before implying you need to eat lots of red meat to gain the benefits you've described.