Purdys Diy Open Real Ale Pub

allwednesday

Went in last night for a couple of drinks. It was very busy and noisy, we were lucky in that we got seats near the door as most were standing or on barstools. I thought it was interesting,  but too busy to be comfortable and more town prices than local prices. Hopefully in a couple of weeks when people have been for a look it will be more of an enjoyable experience. 

3 hours ago, rachelmum said:

Went in last night for a couple of drinks. It was very busy and noisy, we were lucky in that we got seats near the door as most were standing or on barstools. I thought it was interesting,  but too busy to be comfortable and more town prices than local prices. Hopefully in a couple of weeks when people have been for a look it will be more of an enjoyable experience. 

Yes Its going to be rather busy at first I should settle down though .

Not much competition in the area so there is plenty of interest. On the few occasions we have walked on to the Princess Royal this year we have been disappointed with their random opening times. This is an asset to the area and I will definitely be back for a second visit  

13 hours ago, rachelmum said:

Not much competition in the area so there is plenty of interest. On the few occasions we have walked on to the Princess Royal this year we have been disappointed with their random opening times. This is an asset to the area and I will definitely be back for a second visit  

Was gonna say, theres only the Princess Royal and the Junction these days (presume the junctions still a pub?) the brunswick shut down and became a shop decades ago, so apart from the princess royal or Junction its a loooong walk up to the village.

Working mens clubs at Woodhus Mill and Beighton Road closed decades ago.

Edited by melthebell
added a bit

14 hours ago, allwednesday said:

Yes Its going to be rather busy at first I should settle down though .

Don't bank on it. The one near me has gone from strength to strength. If they keep having good beers on people will use it.

Just now, sammo sparks said:

The " Junctiom" is now a shop as well.

really? bugger, last time i went down there was about 2010 / 2011 just after mi dad died. Tbh i cant remember if it was a pub still or not.

I walked down from mi dads, down the mill, around, up the private, down the Badger, up to the village and round, reminiscing

On 20/01/2020 at 13:04, melthebell said:

really? bugger, last time i went down there was about 2010 / 2011 just after mi dad died. Tbh i cant remember if it was a pub still or not.

I walked down from mi dads, down the mill, around, up the private, down the Badger, up to the village and round, reminiscing

The Junction has been a One Stop for a while now.