Bar staff in sheffield

paul-david

some are good...some are bad......like everything.....worst places for short changing and terrible service are top end of West Street and most of Division Street EXCEPT. for the Frog and Parrot!

Most of the staff in the above area cant:

1) Tell the difference between a 5, 10 or £10 note

2) Give you change in as much small coinage as posible so you dont realize you have been short changed as you have a pocket that weighs a ton...

3) Usually, but not always exclusively, end up getting the drinks order wrong

OH well.......self service pubs, roll on!!

some are good...some are bad......like everything.....worst places for short changing and terrible service are top end of West Street and most of Division Street EXCEPT. for the Frog and Parrot!

2) Give you change in as much small coinage as posible so you dont realize you have been short changed as you have a pocket that weighs a ton...

:) :) :) :) :) :) i wish, you spend most of the night queueing 4 drinks, and getting short changed , bar staff being rude to you

I think the bar staff in Sheffield are very hit and miss, but you tend to find a direct correlation between the place and the attitude of the bar staff, and their training. Most of the establishments in Sheffield wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between Smirnoff and Wyborowa for example. I'd also suggest that most places in Sheffield don't offer you great customer service.

However if you are looking for decent customer service then there certainly are plenty of places around, The Runaway Girl, Wig & Pen to name but two (ps. see my signature ;)).

We personally spend an awful lot of time and money training our bar staff both with product knowledge, cocktail training and also on customer service and I'd like to think we offer some of the best.

But slightly more directly related to your question and not your topic title. It's often important to remember that what you might remember from the night before isn't actually what happened. The number of times you see threads on here from people who've had a little bit to drink reporting something that didn't actually happen because they were slightly intoxicated. If somebody is rude to me at the bar they can wait to be served. I don't expected to be treated rudely just because you've had a bit of drink so you can rule the world.

I think the bar staff in Sheffield are very hit and miss, but you tend to find a direct correlation between the place and the attitude of the bar staff, and their training. Most of the establishments in Sheffield wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between Smirnoff and Wyborowa for example. I'd also suggest that most places in Sheffield don't offer you great customer service.

However if you are looking for decent customer service then there certainly are plenty of places around, The Runaway Girl, Wig & Pen to name but two (ps. see my signature ;)).

We personally spend an awful lot of time and money training our bar staff both with product knowledge, cocktail training and also on customer service and I'd like to think we offer some of the best.

But slightly more directly related to your question and not your topic title. It's often important to remember that what you might remember from the night before isn't actually what happened. The number of times you see threads on here from people who've had a little bit to drink reporting something that didn't actually happen because they were slightly intoxicated. If somebody is rude to me at the bar they can wait to be served. I don't expected to be treated rudely just because you've had a bit of drink so you can rule the world.

well its always a miss for me, not been served good and in order yet in pub or club:rant:

And what IS the difference between a £10 and £10 note?!:huh:

Don't generalise it's not fair.... I think 'most' are fine with some exceptions that stick out and tarnish people's views. Besides, West street is rubbish anyway... always rammed and no atmosphere. Staff in most locals are cool.. especially mine:thumbsup:

Archived