Bar staff in sheffield

paul-david

Best IMO: staff at frog and parrot, roebuck, west end and fat cat. Worse? Ha ha bar, most of West Street pubs, Lloyds, Rsvp.. remember waiting for more than 30 mins in Rsvp once and being told off for mentioning that they should serve people in order they arrived, not their mates first!

Best IMO: staff at frog and parrot, roebuck, west end and fat cat. Worse? Ha ha bar, most of West Street pubs, Lloyds, Rsvp.. remember waiting for more than 30 mins in Rsvp once and being told off for mentioning that they should serve people in order they arrived, not their mates first!

thats why i said some thing, the guy was serving his mates first, i dont mind waiting its when you no your next but they serve 10 of there friends :huh:

thats why i said some thing, the guy was serving his mates first, i dont mind waiting its when you no your next but they serve 10 of there friends

LOL!

That's just the way it works in the "real world". I'd serve my mates/gf before some random guy, especially if the random guy just said "I'm next!". (For a start, who'd want to lose face or look like a little bitch infront of a group of their friends!) I can keep track of people quite easily, and alot of the time people go "I'm next" or "Serve me" or just shout out their order when they aren't even next at all. The one thing I can stand is impolite people. Often a "I'm next" or "I've been waiting here ages" will result in me not serving them, or serving them slower. If someone is very nice about it and seems like a nice person, then usually I apoligise and say I'll get to them ASAP (if ofc they have been waiting!)

But yeah you're probably drinking in the wrong places, some tenders take pride in customer service

The customer is always right... but in the realm of the bar, the tender is king.

As for short changing you... I wouldn't do it myself, because a) it's illegal and b) i like my job enough to not want to lose it but I belive the term for it amongst bartenders is... "idiot tax" :P

If you were rude to a customer assistant in a shop or a police officer or an estate agent would you expect a better deal... no ? :P so why do people expect they can talk to barstaff like **** and not expect them to be idiots back ?

Because people are drunk and full of dutch courage :P

But yeah you're probably going to the wrong places ;) Some tenders take pride in customer service...

And what IS the difference between a £10 and £10 note?!:huh:

Don't generalise it's not fair.... I think 'most' are fine with some exceptions that stick out and tarnish people's views. Besides, West street is rubbish anyway... always rammed and no atmosphere. Staff in most locals are cool.. especially mine:thumbsup:

Yes good point,:hihi: :hihi:

West Street CAN be good sometimes, but you have to be in the right mood, ie drunk beyond the point when you actually care about anything like good bar service.......

try working in a busy bar.it is very difficult...especially when you have people shouting oi im next, or ive been waiting here for half an hour, when it has actually been 3 mins, most of the time bar staff do know roughly who is next but tend to make those who are rude wait a little longer! respect is earned not given, in every situation..you respect the bar staff and they will respect you!

short but sweet:headbang:

I think some of the best bar staff can be found at The Ivory on regents terrace. If you are lucky enough to be served by Matt ask for a caipirinha or cosmopolitan they are legendary any probably the best Ive ever tasted

you are drinking in the wrong places.

Runaway girl - Justin in there is so friendly and can't do enough for you.

couldnt agree with either of those statements more. the runaway girl is a top bar.

but, if you like proper beer as opposed to cocktails, you should try the red lion on charles street just round the corner from there.

well kept beer, well kept lines, nice surroundings, nice punters and lovely barstaff- mind you, i would say that, i work there! lol

seriously though, the landlord and landlady take great pride in their establishment and the pub has been in the family for 2 generations- its more that business pride, its family pride there.

as for the staff, we've all been in the trade for years too- some more than others (but they wont thank me for telling you whos been in it the longest! lol)

sophie

x

Archived