Bar staff in sheffield

paul-david

I worked in a nightclub for a few years. One night I was working an all-nighter and a very drunken girl who I'd been told not to serve by my manager tried to bottle me for refusing to serve her (she didn't get kicked out because she had been chatting up the bouncer who was looking after my area)

Later on the same night, another girl threw a large glass ashtray at me over the bar because I didn't serve her the second she got to the bar, she started shouting abuse at me and I explained that if she carried on i wasn't going to serve her at all as other people had been waiting longer, at which point she threw the ashtray, narrowly missing my head.

I decided that night that I'd had enough and handed in my notice the next day...

I decided that night that I'd had enough and handed in my notice the next day...

i dont blame you! thats really bad- and even worse that the door staff didnt back you up.

do you still work in a pub/bar now, or was that enough enough to put you off for life?

i have to say, its stories like that that have always made me avoid workign in clubs or mega busy city centre bars.

x

Nah I work in retail now.

I'd go back to bar work in a small local pub like the one I used to work in when I lived out in the Peaks, but I wouldn't work city centre again unless money was really tight and I was desperate!

I'd go back to bar work in a small local pub like the one I used to work in when I lived out in the Peaks, but I wouldn't work city centre again unless money was really tight and I was desperate!

thats the reason i like the red lion, it reminds me so much of the noahs ark at crookes where i used to work when i was a student.

i always used to work in town centre pubs in stafford, but theyre nothing compared to sheffield- smaller for a start! lol

the red lion has that cosy homely feel to it, it just happens to be slap bang in the city centre, definately the best of both worlds.

if you do get desperate, the boss is always looking for experienced bar staff to keep on the books should anybody leave.

sophie

x

Where the hell were these bars?! :o:wow:

worked for a couple local holiday parks where i lived on coast in lincs a few years back, one of em we got loads trouble one night off this group who came in, got drunk, then refused to leave at closing time. It resulted in huge fight between them, the bar manager and the security whereby pool cues, chairs and owt else not nailed down got used as weapons! Best part is their kids were with them and watchin whole thing! Of course police turned up 5 mins after they finally left and by then the place was littered with broken stuff :rolleyes: That only happened the once tho it was more the other park where had abuse off customers etc.

Also did an 18-30s weekend at butlins in skegness for a bit extra cash once and have never had my bum grabbed or hit woth inflatable clubs so many times in one weekend! :o but it was worth it anyway to see Sash! do a 4hr set live and be gettin paid at same time :D

Also did an 18-30s weekend at butlins in skegness for a bit extra cash once and have never had my bum grabbed or hit woth inflatable clubs so many times in one weekend! :o but it was worth it anyway to see Sash! do a 4hr set live and be gettin paid at same time :D

Aww I'm actually jealous.. (about the Sash! thing.. not workin at Butlins in SKEGNESS??!!:loopy:) :hihi:

Archived