Bar staff in sheffield

paul-david

Lol, was that the Leadmill?!?

Nope, but somewhere equally dark and dank and not too far away!

I think "bar staff" was interpreted as meaning "slave" to do whatever dirty work was needed there!

Dont mind working longer shifts, but 8pm to 7am is an absolute killer!

I think the worst part of working in a nightclub is that over the Summer you don't get any night - it's bright when you get into work and it's bright when you leave. Absolutely screws your body clock over after a while and you end up like a Zomboid, I think if I was to do it again I would probably die from exhaustion.

• 4 months later...

What I hate is, whilst you're on the till getting someone's change, there's someone barking:

"8 bottles of Becks maaaate".

I find it's always a particular type of customer who is like that. 30-60 year old males who drink down their local boozer during the week and come into town at the weekend. Really annoying.

In reference to what Bartender said, I always have a look at the bar before I pick my spot. Perfect example is Varsity (urgh) on West Street. Massive mound of people at the bar, direct from the door. Walk down a little bit, there's 3 bartenders with nothing to do. Sorted.

nursery tavern bar staff are useless. whoever waves their money hard enough gets served first. I have waited 20 mins to be served- twice in one night. wont go back.

Agreed. Rubbish lager as well. Do they ever clean the lines in there? Do they have nucleated glasses for the lager? I'd say noooooo!!

When someone's pouring me a pint, I HATE seeing the bartender shaking the glass from side to side, up and down, round and round just to get the slightest head on the pint. AARRRGGHH!! It's clearly crap!! Change the gas!! Buy lager that doesn't 'go off' the day you get it!!

ALSO, why serve lager in a Nonic pint glass?? It's going to go dead!!!!

NOW, I'm not from Sheffield, so I don't know how it goes over here, but back home we have bitter glasses and lager glasses. A barmaid was very rude to me when I asked for my lager in a lager glass. (Is someone going to say I was rude myself, and shouldn't interfere with her job?)

I could rattle off a whole string of places who serve disgusting pints of lager.

However, places that serve good pints are;

Forum (Division Street)

Ivory (Regent Terrace)

Porterbrook (Eccleshall Road)

All Staropramen.. (Or Star-rip-a-rip-a-men, or Strap-a-pop-a-men. That's something else that annoys me but that's another thread I'm sure.)

Im a bar manager (just got in from work) and easy to remember rules when ur stood at the bar)

1: DONT shout or swear at staff (we will always win as we have what u want and if we dont want to give it to you YOU DONT GET IT!)

2: 99% of the time we know who is next in line and we know who is trying to push in (usually the big guy wavin a 20 in your face)

3: Please and Thankyou work wonders for the next time u get to the bar (so does a drink)

4: Dont ever EVER knock or tap on the bar for service,or shout "shop" its amazing how long it can take us to make a cocktail,pull a pint,take the top off a bottle ect ect

5: Dont tell bar staff jokes or show em stuff on your mobile,chances are we have heard em and seen it

Other than that Bar staff in sheffield are generally some of the best around,have been to a lot of pubs around the country and sheffield bar staff are in the top 5

Archived