Bar staff in sheffield

paul-david

On a side issue, is there anyone here who works at a Wetherspoons? And if so, can you explain why;

a. if a real ale isn't available, why do you still display the pumpclip? Can't you just turn it round?

b. why, as soon as a queue starts forming, do half the bar staff go and hide in the kitchen?

LOL!

That's just the way it works in the "real world". I'd serve my mates/gf before some random guy, especially if the random guy just said "I'm next!". (For a start, who'd want to lose face or look like a little bitch infront of a group of their friends!) I can keep track of people quite easily, and alot of the time people go "I'm next" or "Serve me" or just shout out their order when they aren't even next at all. The one thing I can stand is impolite people. Often a "I'm next" or "I've been waiting here ages" will result in me not serving them, or serving them slower. If someone is very nice about it and seems like a nice person, then usually I apoligise and say I'll get to them ASAP (if ofc they have been waiting!)

But yeah you're probably drinking in the wrong places, some tenders take pride in customer service

The customer is always right... but in the realm of the bar, the tender is king.

As for short changing you... I wouldn't do it myself, because a) it's illegal and b) i like my job enough to not want to lose it but I belive the term for it amongst bartenders is... "idiot tax" :P

If you were rude to a customer assistant in a shop or a police officer or an estate agent would you expect a better deal... no ? :P so why do people expect they can talk to barstaff like **** and not expect them to be idiots back ?

Because people are drunk and full of dutch courage :P

But yeah you're probably going to the wrong places ;) Some tenders take pride in customer service...

Why not get a job you can do properly and impartially? People shouldnt have to say 'im next'. You should know. If you dont youre crap bartender. It aint exactly hard job - comprende'?

Don't even talk to me about the barstaff in a certain club in town! Every time I am in there I have so much trouble with them - even when the bar is quiet they are so thick they can't see who has been waiting there for half an hour (ME) and who has literally just walked up to the bar. :rant:

Last time I had a massive argument with two of them as they kept serving people who were approaching the bar when I was stood there for ages.

I'm actually going to this club on Saturday so that should be fun! :rolleyes:

Don't even talk to me about the barstaff in a certain club in town! Every time I am in there I have so much trouble with them - even when the bar is quiet they are so thick they can't see who has been waiting there for half an hour (ME) and who has literally just walked up to the bar. :rant:

Last time I had a massive argument with two of them as they kept serving people who were approaching the bar when I was stood there for ages.

is the name of this club a secret?

bar staff in general are the people who were so thick they failed the interview at mcdonalds

LOVL!!!! Nice one! :hihi:

Altho i was 'bar staff' for three years whilst at Uni so it's not always the case.

I think the problem is most bar staff would much rather be in the customers position - getting drunk over the other side if the bar - that's why they have a 'can't be arsed' attitude problem.

I think it must be VERY hard work in a busy nightclub to keep track of what customers were at the bar before anyone else, as the crowd at the front of the bar are going to be moving all the time, shifting positions, some leaving, some arriving, etc. Plus having to serve drinks, take money, remember exact orders for large rounds, etc, when under pressure to serve customers as fast as humanely possible, its not always going to be possible to remember who was in the "queue" at the bar as there is no queue at bars like bus stops, its random chaos!!!!

Archived