Are these places still about?

Y'all, I left Sheff in 94 and havn't been out there since, despite a few visits, heres a list of my old stompin grounds, are they still open?

Berlins (especially Tues nights, bad buoy!)

Legends (think it closed down years ago?)

Yorkie Grey (****e old pub, ok for a swift half)

Millionaires (pity everyone there were skint)

Bee Hive on West Street

The Hallamshire on West Street

The Abbey

...actually when I think of it, sheff was ****e back then...has it got better?

Not sure about most of them apart from Berlins and Yorkshire Grey

Berlins - Closed down then became 'Purple', then closed down again and has now since become 'Fuel' the gay club which is quite popular

Yorkshire Grey - Has been knocked down recently.

Not sure about the rest. I do miss Berlins though :(

Y'all, I left Sheff in 94 and havn't been out there since, despite a few visits, heres a list of my old stompin grounds, are they still open?

Berlins (especially Tues nights, bad buoy!)

Legends (think it closed down years ago?)

Yorkie Grey (****e old pub, ok for a swift half)

Millionaires (pity everyone there were skint)

Bee Hive on West Street

The Hallamshire on West Street

The Abbey

...actually when I think of it, sheff was ****e back then...has it got better?

berlins is now fuellllle

legends is no more, it's the cellar of a camping shop, now,

dunno about millionaires, or the abbey...

beehive is now the BRB or something

hallamshire is some theme bar.

PT

oh man! I'm in ****y essex now....my old Berlins days will never return!! Tuesdays were great, quid a bottle, womene etc etc....sad to hear that all the other places are no more...bet my old bank is a trendy wine bar! has sheffield been taken over by wonky haired, tanned mummy's boyz who go to poncy bars like most other cities?

BTW thanks to all for the feedback:thumbsup:

isnt millionaires now orchis?

do you mean the club on carver street at the west street end of the road?

the hallamshire, was that the one on the corner of west street and rockingham street? i always get confused on this one- its either brb or west street live- apparently (not proven by me) brb do a mean pizza, but the blues night (as proven by me) at west street live is pretty good.

as for the beehive- i think that became the something and firkin- but is now s1. the beehive is a bit before my arrival in sheffield (1997), but im sure thats what the folks at work have told me before.

mind you- that completely different to what PT has just said, and im a bit drunk- so shes probably more right than i am! lol

hope that helps,

sophie

x

ps. no fond memorys of berlins- went once, stopped for one drink coz it was free and got out asap- was nasty.

the hallamshire, was that the one on the corner of west street and rockingham street?

This is a little trip down memory lane. :)

The Hallamshire was further down; the one on the corner of Rockingham Street was originally called the West Street, before it became an 80s bar.

The first new trendy bar/pub to open was The Saddle (now called the Bedroom?), next to the Co-op Bank on West Street - in around 1994. Things changed a lot over the next ten years.

isnt millionaires now orchis?

Millionaires is now Flares :) I remember Millionaire's well :hihi:

I thought the Hallamshire Hotel was now BRB as I thought thats what it said above the door :confused: Either way, as Sophie said, the Pizza's are yummy :D

This is a little trip down memory lane. :)

The Hallamshire was further down; the one on the corner of Rockingham Street was originally called the West Street, before it became an 80s bar.

The first new trendy bar/pub to open was The Saddle (now called the Bedroom?), next to the Co-op Bank on West Street - in around 1994. Things changed a lot over the next ten years.

The saddle used to be a right old dump!!! bloody trendy wine bars!

Archived