Are these places still about?

Y'all, I left Sheff in 94 and havn't been out there since, despite a few visits, heres a list of my old stompin grounds, are they still open?

Berlins (especially Tues nights, bad buoy!) <-- now fuel

Legends (think it closed down years ago?) <-- gone

Yorkie Grey (****e old pub, ok for a swift half) <-- gone

Millionaires (pity everyone there were skint) <-- flares

Bee Hive on West Street <-- S1

The Hallamshire on West Street <-- still the hallamshire! but very tarted up

The Abbey pass

...actually when I think of it, sheff was ****e back then...has it got better?

So its all a bit grim really

Quite the opposite.

Don't think many of those places will be missed.

:loopy:

I liked the beehive when it was the beehive a proper pub!

I also recall many a fun night in the Mailcoach which for some god awful reason has now been ruined and called no 10 or something like that. And the Hornblower. Now all the city centre pubs are like warehouses or barns, hideous!

I liked the beehive when it was the beehive a proper pub!

I also recall many a fun night in the Mailcoach which for some god awful reason has now been ruined and called no 10 or something like that. And the Hornblower. Now all the city centre pubs are like warehouses or barns, hideous!

agree...i hate tarted up places...I also miss having to sidestep small pools of sick in the hallamshire!

agree...i hate tarted up places...I also miss having to sidestep small pools of sick in the hallamshire!

Yeah, I agree. The Hallamshire was the best on West Street with it's sticky carpets, peeling wallpaper and different rooms and snugs. And.. it had a venue upstairs for live music. Now it's all knocked through into one huge soulless gin palace. The Hornblower was also great.

Yeah, I agree. The Hallamshire was the best on West Street with it's sticky carpets, peeling wallpaper and different rooms and snugs. And.. it had a venue upstairs for live music. Now it's all knocked through into one huge soulless gin palace. The Hornblower was also great.

aaaah the Hornblower, forgot that place...Sheff seems like it's gone all "nobsville" regarding its pubs...I hope the Crown on Harleston street in pitsmoor is still open?!!!:)

Archived