Current Scams...

All calls I receive on my landline numbers that are not on my call list I just send to answer machine they soon end the call, if genuine callers they leave a message and I call them back it works for me,the other morning had 5 scam calls in half an hour.

1 hour ago, kay1 said:

All calls I receive on my landline numbers that are not on my call list I just send to answer machine they soon end the call, if genuine callers they leave a message and I call them back it works for me,the other morning had 5 scam calls in half an hour.

Best way, @kay1- the advice everyone should follow, but many obviously don't.

OK, in that case either Sky have better technology than BT, unlikely, as these scammers use autodiallers which don't know who your telephone service provider is, OR more likely you just fell off their lists, as I have done, having never even picked the receiver up if  the number is unknown - I still get the odd one, maybe three in six months, but I just ignore 'em as usual.

25 minutes ago, spider1 said:

bad computer // best to go with sky talk used  to get 6 a day now none

If it  is Sky protect, they ask you to state your name, if you ignore this the call goes through anyway, my friend had sky I never stated my name and the call went straight to ringing