Current Scams...

9 hours ago, saywhatnow said:

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me that Virgin would do that maliciously, they don't have your bank details to take payment. But if that is their tactic I can only assume the plan is to aggressively contact their new customers after the switch hoping to bully vulnerable people into giving over their details which is appalling behaviour.

BT don't have our bank details either! We pay on receipt of a quarterly bill, rather than DD.

We've had a letter from BT - posted 18th, arrived this morning - headed "We're sorry you're leaving"!

"Just make you contact us before 2pm on 20the August (!) as that's the latest we can change things before you move. If we don't hear from you by then, your services will automatically move on 24 August 2020."

7 hours ago, saywhatnow said:

Fair enough. Just doesn't seem a very efficient scam for a big company such as Virgin. If it happened to me I'd refuse to pay and they'd be out of pocket. 

Yes, it'll be interesting to see what happens on the 24th!

Amazon emailed me yesterday, saying all my payments to them on my orders will be stopped if I don't change details etc, haven't ordered anything from them in years, email  was very basic looking so marked it phishing scam and deleted! 

28 minutes ago, pintor said:

Amazon emailed me yesterday, saying all my payments to them on my orders will be stopped if I don't change details etc, haven't ordered anything from them in years, email  was very basic looking so marked it phishing scam and deleted! 

I had one this week same sort of thing only wasn't from Amazon but 'amaozon'. Just sent to Amazon phishing email address.

Not sure if this is a scam,  I ordered an item and they sent  a similar item,  I also had notification from Paypal about three times asking me to pay,  fortunately I had proof the item was paid for and sent a copy to them,  they now want me to pay to send the unwanted item back to them and pay customs charges,  I said no  it was their mistake and I would contact paypal - today they said they would replace the item for a small fee. 

They seem desperate and I'm not sure if it is fraud,  the packaging had an address in Wallsall,  but the item came from Asia - I had already paid £97.98 to them.